“Average.”

20:00
Ranked #1,987 of 7,835 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Neighbourhood: Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg (Borough)
Description: Located in the heart of Kreuzberg, Berlin, experience the authentic Korean cuisine on our signature tabletop grills. Borrowing its name from the Korean word for "wrap", SSAM offers a dining experience that emphasizes the most essential and unique qualities of Korean barbecue. Not only you can choose from a wide variety of premium beef and pork cuts, we offer fresh seafood and vegetarian options. While appreciating the interior that weaves a modern aesthetic through Korean traditional atmosphere, you can expect the fineness of authentic Korean flavors. Our commitment to authentic Korean barbecue experience makes SSAM the ideal dining destination for Berliners and visitors alike and our attentive staff will ensure that your event is memorable. You will enjoy what the best Korean restaurant in Berlin has to offer.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with friends on a busy weeknight. This place was a recommendation so was excited to try it.

Staff checked that we were fully vaccinated on entry which is good to see and we were seated at a traditional bench style table shared with another group. Not my style personally, but we did have our own grill in the centre. The stools were extremely small & uncomfortable & I had to stand at one point to stretch myself out.

What concerns me is the fact that there's a very hot, gas powered grill on the centre of the table. The base gets extremely hot too and my friends burnt their legs if they caught them beneath the table. There were children on the restaurant which is absolutely terrifying to watch.
I was also concerned about the vat of grease and cooking fat pooled at the base of the grill, although the grill itself looked clean.

The idea here is that you grill your own food which kind of defeats the point in going to a restaurant if you need to cook for yourself. The meat was well seasoned however, not plentiful and the cuts were quite cheap with lots of fat. Pickles, rice and lettuce were also provided which were okay but nothing special.

Drinks were great. Lots of flavour and you can taste the Alcohol in the cocktails.

Overall quite an average experience. I don't think we'll be back unfortunately. There's better restaurants in the area.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (150)

Reviewed 29 July 2021

I wouldn't trust the food in SSAM. The owners and employees are irresponsible, antisocial people. I live in the building above the restaurant. Our courtyard is often littered with rotten-smelling food waste and other garbage, which SSAM throws out the back with no regard for the residents of the building. They have been asked to behave responsible many times, and they just ignore our requests. If they act this way toward their neighbors, just imagine how they treat the food they serve to customers. Do you think they have any more respect for their customers than they do for us?

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 22 July 2021

literally the best food i’ve ever put into my mouth.
mouthwatering.
delicious.
breathtaking.
excellent music.
excellent service.
everything was great!
rico was amazing!
best place i ate in berlin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 15 June 2021

Bad service, small portion für way too much money. Tourist trap. Food was not bad, but service and price so bad. We'll never come back. There are so many other great places for having korean food in a friendly environment.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 22 October 2020

Well, it is very pricey but it is also very good. I would say the best Korean BBQ in Berlin if you are ready to pay the price.

Date of visit: October 2020