“Ibis Space themed hotel.”

Ibis Styles Bremen Altstadt
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Bremen
Reviewed 4 December 2016

This hotel was well priced with breakfast included. stayed for 1 night in a group of 6 (3 lots of couples) we were able to check in early, had rooms next to each other. The room was a good size, quirky neon lights around the tv and bed, and had nice linen and a good bed. - could have done with 1 more pillow as there was only 3 to a double bed.
Shower was really good, powerful, and good temp. Bathroom was cramped, but it didn't cause any problems. Staff were friendly and as redid not speak german they were very accommodating. booked our return taxi for us too.
The hotel states itself it is a 2* hotel, however i think it deserves 3/4 stars. Comfortable stay. - Close to the markets.

Room Tip: higher up away from traffic, level 3 was fine for us.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank D1nrwood

Reviewed 17 November 2016

There is nothing particularly bad about this hotel. Then again there is nothing particularly good about the hotel. It is a pure average hotel with what I would say above average prices for the area in question. It is adequate for a 1 night stay. The hotel is marked out in a space theme. When I saw it first here, it looked good but to be honest when you see it in real life (particularly the rooms) it just looks weird and cheaply designed.

Staff are efficient but not particularly welcoming or friendly. The exception being the barman who served us drinks and peanuts late in the evening. The rooms were quiet where we were on the 4th floor but like have been mentioned many times here are too small and look cheap. The bathroom is ridiculously small and cramped in my honest opinion. You get your business done but not with any great comfort.

The 2 things I liked about this hotel are that it is near the Rathaus (Townhall) and the breakfast which in fairness has a good variety and is well stocked was very good.

A word of warning for anybody of a nervous disposition. If you decide to you the hotels car park (in comparison to the one across the street) then you may find leaving their car park a challenge. It costs €9 (poor value in my opinion) The ramp is supposedly 26% and it took me 6 times to get up it. One of the times I thought the poor car would have a heart attack and clap out completely and another I thought it would fall on its side. The staff member who I asked for another coin (as the gate had closed again) was not particularly interested in my problems. I got out but I very much doubt I will be going back to this hotel again. There are better in Bremen.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
h1442_gm, Manager at Ibis Styles Bremen Altstadt, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Dear tazangav, we are very sorry that we didn't matched your expectations and we apologize for the trouble with the car parking. We wish you all the best, best regards, Gaby Schulz, Generalmanager

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Stayed at this property for a night. Lady checking us in was very friendly and warm with a big personality.

Rooms are quite small but modern with a space ship design concept. The hotel has a bus stop just outside where its very convenient coming on the bus. We arrived on the bus 25 from the train station.

Breakfast was nice. A decent serving of cold cuts, bread and pastries. It is possible to walk from the hotel to the old town. Roughly a 15mins walk and you'll reach the UNESCO site.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
h1442_gm, Manager at Ibis Styles Bremen Altstadt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Ptrcks, many thanks for your 4 Star review and the compliments for the friendly staff and location. Best regards, Gaby Schulz, Direktorin

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I have booked my stay at this hotel as of a business trip for the night of the 17.10.2016. When entering the room and switching on the lights I felt like being at the commando bridge of Enterprise, which was a great feeling. The bed was very comfortable and I loved it. All was very clean without exception. Same like in the iBis Hamburg St. Pauli Messe hotel there was no mini bar/ref but downstairs you can find a nice hotel lounge. The staff was friendly as it should be. But the most annoying was the super tiny bathroom. Sitting on the toiled I could lean my head against the wall with a distance of maybe distance. I´ve never seen such a small box bathroom and I felt very uncomfortable. This experience was a real joke. I dont know who got the idea to develop such a ridiculous tiny bathroom. I can recommend this hotel but if you want to stay there more than one day better have a look to the room before checking in. The breakfast was great at no additional costs !

Room Tip: Better check the bathroom first
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
h1442_gm, Manager at Ibis Styles Bremen Altstadt, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear zcarm, many thanks for your review and the compliments for our hotel, service and staff. Indeed, the bathroom is tiny. We are as well unhappy with this situation, but we are not able to change it. Hope you visit us again, best regards Gaby Schulz, Generalmanager

Reviewed 1 November 2016

The bathroom was far too small although shower unit was ok. Breakfast was poor and not much better than Ibis Budget hotels. Bed was comfortable and Location was good. Not sure I would choose Ibis Styles again

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Rob, many thanks for your review. A lot of our clients love our breakfast offer. Be aware, that you were not charge extra for this service. Best regards, Gaby Schuzl, Generalmanager