“A welcome find on our first evening in Bremen”
Review of Gargano

Gargano
Ranked #226 of 1,003 Restaurants in Bremen
Neighbourhood: Bahnhofsvorstadt
Neighbourhood: Bahnhofsvorstadt
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We asked the receptionist at our hotel for a restaurant close by for a quick dinner as we were a bit tired after a day on the train. She recommended a few so we chose this one and we were more than happy. My husband had a pizza and I chose one of the penne dishes and they did not disappoint. Quite large serves and very tasty. We washed dinner down with a glass of Pinot Grigio and left quite content. The service was very friendly and efficient. This restaurant is quite reasonably priced.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

We were there early in the evening, but they seemed out of everything, we eventually settled for what they did have.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went to Bremen for an overnight stay with our two kids (2.5yr & 9mth). We arrived at 5.35pm so it was really quiet! We ordered two pizzas and a spaghetti bol. My pizza was incorrect and they forgot about my husbands pasta dish. Therefore his arrived ten mins later. I didn't say anything as it was no big deal. Because my 9 mth old was not going to eat from the menu I brought a yogurt, banana and liga with me. Admittedly there was a lot of liga crumbs on the floor but similar to home I figured a 2 min sweep up with dustpan wouldn't be a big deal. When we left I saw a man (appeared to be owner) freaking out and nodding his head in disgust. I turned around to him and asked him was there a problem. He shouted at me in German, tutting and pointing at the crumbs, telling me to "buzz off". Note: this was in front of his diners!! I was appalled and very embarrassed. The restaurant was busy at this stage. I told him I was never treated like this before and it was a disgrace. I had never complained about there mishaps in addition to the food being only ok. I left furious. In all my years of travel (Oslo/Copenhagen/Marbella) with one or two of my kids I have never seen such abruptness and unprofessional behaviour! I will never return to this restaurant not just because of mediocre Italian food but poor family value. Olivia (Ireland /Netherlands)

Reviewed 5 March 2015

Well, the restaurant was on a Monday evening not over crowded. I have chosen Spaghetti with frutti di mare - it was excellent. If I have known the portion is so big I wouldn't order an appetizer (artichoke)
I ate too much - and was very happy

Reviewed 8 October 2014

Myself and my wife ordered a calzone pizza and a pasta dish, my calzone was probably the best I have ever tasted with lovely fresh dough and taste wise it was second to none, my wife's pasta dish was also lovely, we couldn't finish them as the portions were big but thats not a bad thing. Staff and service was great and very well priced, I would highly recommend this place.