“A quiet place !”

Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wandsbek
Description: Our Block House has been here in the heart of Volksdorf since 1977. The cosy interior seats 144 guests and there is space for 35 on the pretty and sunny terrace.
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Inside a shopping complex at Volksdorf ( very nice green place, northeastern of Hamburg), there is a Block House restaurant. We order Caeser"s salad with american sauce ( a big plate with vegetables and chicken breast, nice sauce), and Sirloin steak ( very nice and right grilled as we order it ) with baked potato and sauses. All these accompanied by salad and grilled bread.. We drunk nice German draft beer. Nice and quiet atmposphere, quick and polite service. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I ordered the "prime cut" American Tenderloin for €30 with a salad and a baked potato.
The salad is excellent and fresh however the meat was a funny color as if the meat was slaughtered fresh and not aged. The baked potato was hard, like partially uncooked, in the center. I notified the server who called the manager. They both listened and agreed on the funny color but did not seem to care at all. He wanted to find out in the kitchen but we never seen him again. I do not want anything for free or discounted, but I like to be taken serious.
My mother ordered the Mrs. Rumpsteak and received a turkey breast. Are the waiters that dumb ? They asked if they should change it and my mother kept the turkey, since she wanted to eat with us. We will give the place a rest.........

1  Thank estadosunidos1
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I would not necessarily have recommended this restaurant very highly, but my kids seem to love it and ask to go back each time we are in Hamburg. I guess that counts for something and since they don't write restaurant reviews, I will do so on this occasion on their behalf. The kids meals are great (apparently).

Reviewed 26 July 2015

at a Wednesday early evening we felt loike havind a decent steal when visiting Hamburg. No, problem, was what we were told by our relatives. "Ab nach Volksdorf!" was the only addiditional remark by our hosts, we jumped into the car for early dinner.
And again, we felt lucky, because this house is one of the few around the globe which never ever dissapointed us. The drinks offered were tasty and the meat just great. On top we´d love the small talk with the staff.
Dont miss Block HOuse when in Hamburg. They´ve got different places in town.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This Blockhouse does have the best Steaks in the area. With Germany it is often a problem to get good rare Fillet Steaks, as Germans mostly eat their meat from Medium to Well Done. I asked for rare and I got rare in this Steakhouse. The meat, supposed to be Argentinian, but it was not as tender as I am used to from Argentinian Beef. That is the only complaint. The salad before was very fresh and good tasting, as were the deserts. All in all I allways use this BlockHouse when I am visiting relatives in the area.