“Ok stay”
Review of Goethe Hotel

Goethe Hotel
Ranked #130 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We stayed here for one night and the room was large and clean, very modern. We appreciated the wifi and air conditioning. There were many men staying at this hotel which made me a little uncomfortable, as a woman. I was the only woman at breakfast with many, many men filling the whole room. Breakfast was adequate. Parking was limited and full.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We made the mistake of choosing this hotel for a night stay in Frankfurt. I can begin to tell many bad things about the hotel, but more than the awful breakfast and other small things in the room, the impoliteness and total unhelpfulness of the staff needs to be told...
the manager of the restaurant (I don't know if he also manages the hotel, then I understand why it's so bad) treated us extremely bad when, not knowing the rule, we packed a small sandwich for later on in the morning.
We apologized and said we'd leave it (even when it made no sense as that point to throw it in the bin).
He said no, that we had to pay. I was still polite but he started raising the voice and pointing his finger at me, so I said him to not do that and raised my voice too, he said that I was harassing him (I'm a tiny 158 cm tall girl), that I could not comment on what he said, and that he would kick me out of the hotel.
I said I'd leave a comment on TripAdvisor (which I did yesterday for the other part of the hotel and other problems that my colleagues had) and he said that I can't do it, that I can't say in front of the clients that I think the hotel staff and service is so bad. Ha, I can't?
Europe is a free place my friend, I truly hope people read this and avoid your hotel as much as they can.
Politeness is the FIRST thing for me.
WORST HOTEL I'VE BEEN IN A WHILE, please don't bring your money here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Valentina S
Management response:Responded 28 May 2017

Dear Guest,

We are sorry that we couldnot make you satisfy. We really respect peoples view and we try everything to fulfill the wishes. But you also have to follow the Hotel rules. You only booked the breakfast not the lunch. You prepared Sandwiches to take away later for the day. Our staff tried to explain it that is is not allowded. You and your friend shouted to our staff infront of other guest, which we don't accept. You can't start stealing the things and complain that other that they saw you.
Our staff only told you that you have to pay for it but you throw away the Sandwich. You cannot treat the working staff like that. You thretended our staff that if you are not allowded to take the sandwictch with you, you will write a bad comment about the Hotel. This is not the way you can deal with Hotel and its staff. For all the Reader of this comment we can assure you that we do everything to make your stay comfortable and satisfactory.

Goethe Hotel Frankfurt

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

No interest in customer satisfaction at all, they were unwilling to help in basic requests and they were impolite. Shouting with a customer at breakfast. I Wasn't impressed at all with their attitude...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Goethe Hotel Frankfurt

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We booked 2 doublerooms. The rooms were not big, but it is not a problem if you just are looking for a place to sleep. After we had an ordinary breakfast at the hotel we left and when we came back we went to bed.
The most importent for us is that the hotel and the rooms have to be clean and it was! The service at the hotel were friendly and helpfull. The hotel is not close to centrum, but I think the train station is near by the hotel... we took a cab every time we were going out.

- Simon

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I was a bit worried about the location of this hotel but that soon went I was very happy with the room it was a good size with mini fridge in it The Hotel seems to be in the middle of no where but a Aldi store within a 5 min walk and a 8 min walk to the tram stop take number 11 Tram and there is a tram every 7 min it goes right pass the main train station where you get off and walk into town or stay on the Tram for another few more stops and you will be in town the whole ride into city less than 15 min This Hotel has a good breakfast included in price which was of a good standard and good choice of foods The only down side which would not make me stay here again was that a lot of tradesmen stay here and the cars starting up early in the morning was a bit noisy I would stay here again and i was here for 3 nights

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo