“Oh no”
Review of Birmingham Pub

Birmingham Pub
Ranked #8 of 153 Nightlife in Frankfurt
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular bar is generally frequented by straight crowds during the day and gay crowds at night.
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Was passing and popped in for a quick pint, out of the 3 of us we never finished it. Beer taps need a real clean out!

Also the bottles in the gantry were filthy and were discoloured from smoke, 10 minutes in this place and we were for the off.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I had a couple of beers and some food while I watched football before a gig.
The food and beers were cheap and tasty. There was a good, friendly atmosphere with groups of people either eat, or relaxing after work. The bar staff were swift and accommodating to newcomers as they arrived. It's not a big bar but there seemed to be room for everyone.
If it is actually a gay bar, then it isn't aggressively so. Everyone seemed to be getting on with their nights entertainment.
You can smoke here after 9pm, though. I find that off-putting. Other people may see it as an advantage.
I'd be happy to come back either as a start before moving on, or as a night out itself.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

This is a pretty good place if you'd like to drink a couple of beers with your friends. At this English pub you can even eat a dinner. A small pub with a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Basically this is a British themed bar, though not the type of 'English pub' that you would expect in places like Australia. Actually it has a much more modern feel about it (which is something that I prefer, as opposed to the more traditional varieties). It s pretty small, but it wasn't hugely crowded when I was here. The staff (or the bartender as there seems to be only one person here who probably owns the place) was pretty cool. The do serve food, and even have a takeaway stall facing the main road, but the thing is that I really only come to places like these for the beer.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We had just finished a long visit to the nearby Jewish Museum, and were looking for a quick lunch in the early afternoon. We spotted the Birmingham Pub, and as I come from Birmingham (UK), we thought we would give it a try. It was pretty quiet at the time, but the staff were friendly and soon served us a decent pub lunch. Lots of ancient British memorabilia line the wall, but I could only spot a couple of small postcards from Birmingham! Surely they could find a bit more!