“Huge”

Frankfurt 100-Minute Sightseeing Cruise
Ranked #20 of 447 things to do in Frankfurt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Commerzbank-Arena stands on the site of its great predecessor – the legendary Frankfurt Waldstadion. It forms an integral part of German sporting history and has always been the focal point of life in the region. The Waldstadion has gone through many changes in the past and has now, at the start of the new millennium, been completely refurbished and given a new strategic concept. The fantastic sportsmen who have played here and the spectacular football matches that have taken place are never to be forgotten.The new arena was built for sports, concerts, business events and all kinds of large gatherings. Depending on the event, it can hold up to 55,000 spectators – multi-functionality is an important aspect. The exact circumference is 860 metres; the length is 210 metres and the width 190 metres. No pillars obstruct direct view onto the pitch and the front rows are only a few metres away from the edge of the field.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We made a tour of Frankfurt on bikes and came all the way to the Arena. The place is so big, unbelievable. Shame i did not visit it for a show or concert, as I imagine the sound being superb.

1  Thank Alina P
"city centre"
in 3 reviews
"central station"

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I have visited the Commerzbank Arena in August 2010 for a concert of U2 together with a very special person! I have also watched the movie of the enitre concert fans made a lot of times back on youtube. I really liked the concert and it was one of the best experiences I had in my life! The sound was also really good! It was not to hard. It was also easy to reach with the public transport. I also really like the atmosphere in the Arena. I also really liked the fans in the stadium. In 2011 I drove with the train besides the Commerzbank Arrena and I felt so special when I saw the Arena again! It resonated so much with me! Greetings, Lerrie from the Netherlands.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I like this stadium but the public transport could be a bit better. Trains etc. cannot compete with the capacity of the stadium.

Be aware that you might have to wait an hour before you get a train or taxi after a match.

1  Thank Maximilian H
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The arena is huge well organised areas and entrances/exits in addition to the toilets good placement. Access to the arena was easy via subway and even if you leave late you can find taxis to drop you back to your destination.