“Great experience”

Zum Neuen Schwanen
Ranked #9 of 2,649 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Reviewed 13 February 2018

The parking can become a problem if you go by own can and not by taxi. They have a small place inside own courtyard. The restaurant is small and inside you feel the food smell and there is only German language menu. You found later that it is no problem. We were 3 persons, of which 2 Chinese nationals. It was the best ever italian food/dinner I ever had elsewhere. The waiters were so friendly and helpful. We chosen different things for appetizers, main course and desert ... and we shared (for Chinese it is natural, so it is for me now). I can tell you that everything was great. I will be there again for sure and I'll strongly recommend that .

Lavdrim D, Inhaber at Zum Neuen Schwanen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear sambadiels,
thanks a lot for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I hope more people will have the same feeling about us in the future. Of course your post helps a lot.
Thank you.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Excellent food, wonderful service. Very good value for money.
We visit fairly regularly and they are consistently good and always friendly. Well worth a taxi ride from the city. Their seafood dishes are particularly good. During the week is always quieter and quicker. Very reasonable prices compared to city centre restaurants.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

It is one of the best restaurants in Frankfurt with Italian cuisine, I visited this week and the food was perfect and the wonderful service.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

The best Italian food I have ever eaten!! I love that place!! very clean and very comfortable
I would love to go back there .

Reviewed 11 March 2017

We have been here a few times and have always been delighted with the food, the service and the friendly atmosphere. As the title suggests their standards are very consistent. We are always happy with the warm welcome you receive here. The staff always acknowledge you and make you feel at home which makes for the start of a very pleasant evening. They have a restaurant downstairs and another room on the upper floor. There is a nice beer'ish garden and tables set up outside in the hof which has recently been given a make-over. All these areas have pleasant surroundings. The food is always fresh and cooked just the way you like it. They have a good selection and I have never been disappointed with any of the meals I have had on every occasion we have visited. The owner mingles easily with the guests and seem to have a few words with everyone. They have a good selection of affordable wines and will happily recommend something for you. Their other drinks are as you would expect to find in a well run establishment. Although I do not usually have a starter myself, what they serve has always looked very appetising. The fish is my favourite dish here but the steak is the choice of my companion and neither dish has left us disappointed. They have some home made desserts which is a very nice way to finish off the meal. It is an easy location to reach by bus as the stop for the number 43 is about 100 metres away but I cannot say anything about parking a car in that location. The toilet facilities are always clean and well cared for. All in all this a restaurant that we will visit time and again. It would be an ideal location for a special function. I look forward to my next visit.