“beautiful huge gardens”
Review of Orangerie Kassel

Orangerie Kassel
Ranked #45 of 416 Restaurants in Kassel
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: HERZLICH WILLKOMMEN IM SCHLOSS ORANGERIE KASSEL Die Orangerie in Kassel ist der ideale Veranstaltungsort für Hochzeiten, Tagungen und Events! Mit ihrem bezaubernden Flair wird Ihre Hochzeit in der Orangerie unvergesslich schön. Der große Gartensaal lädt ein zu rauschenden Festen und Veranstaltungen. Mittwoch und Sonntag können Sie fantastische Livemusik in der Orangerie erleben. Einfach mal entspannen und Ihre Sinne verwöhnen lassen. Außerdem gehören wir zu den 250 besten Tagungs- & Event-Locations sowie den 50 besten Hochzeits-Location Deutschlands!
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

incredibly huge! beautiful place! enjoyed the Documenta14 installations scattered through out he place!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I had a "Savoury Mushroom Dish" ("Pikante Pilzpanne").
The dish did not match the expectations created by the description of the meal on the menu. On certain menus the dish was priced 9,50 euro. On others 14,50 euro. On the positive front: good selection of wines by the glass and nice setting ( either overlooking the parc or the Orangerie building.)

On the negative: the same waitress made certain patrons pay immediately for their food and drinks while others got their bill at the end of their meal. Giving the former the impression that the waitress was concerned that they would walk away without paying. Not a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

After a wonderful day at Documenta we went for a walk in the park, ending with sunset drinks on the terrace in the stunning setting of the Orangerie. After waiting a long, long, long time for a waiter to come and take our order, I went and asked for someone to attend our table. A young man finally came for the order, which was for two beers and food. I asked for the beers to come first (thinking I was stating the obvious) and he said he could not promise that. After about 15 minutes our food arrived, but still no beer. We waited a full half an hour for two glasses of beer to reach our table. As the same young man brought them to us, I laughed with relief and also some humour at how such a gorgeous place could be so appallingly slow. He mocked and mimicked my laughter and made a rude remark. The food by this time was cold and dull tasting. We made the most of the experience and drank the beers in the now-dark evening, and picked at the food. On leaving, I asked to see the manager and the same rude waiter claimed that he was the manager himself. I explained that we had been extremely disappointed with the slow and rude service, and that the food had been cold and tasteless by the time our beers finally arrived. He continued to be rude, dismissive, and unhelpful. Eventually, after a protracted and unpleasant conversation, he agreed not to charge me for one plate of food. However, he was so reluctant, blaming, and condescending that I left this lovely place determined that I would never waste my time or money there again. The other staff milled around in what looked like quite an inefficient manner and seemed unsurprised at the fiasco, as if it were a normal occurrence. It's a real pity that the poor staffing spoils such a lovely place.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Beautiful setting looking across the Aue Park. They were not prepared for the Documenta, one month after it opened. Service was very slow and the food was bland. More expensive than restaurants in the area, but the setting is great.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

It's a nice place to sit outside for lunch. I had the tarta, which was a thin pizza! It was nice. Pleasant and fast service.