All reviewsrestaurants and barsold stylegreat locationbalconypasswordkurparkpedestriancarpetcasino
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Hotel bathroom was missing a lightbulb, some lightbulbs in stairwell were also out. The window in the bathroom was broken, the top part was open but we were able to close it. On 2nd day, we didn't get any towels, had to request them. The bed is two twins pushed together. Pillows very flat, would have been nice if we had 4 pillows instead of just two. Breakfast, the scrambled eggs were not soft and whippy. Looks like they used to have a bar, but no longer open.

Stayed: September 2017
Centro H, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Klee am Park Wiesbaden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear macc_11, thank you for your contributions and your constructive criticism. We regret that not much enjoyed your stay with us. For the inconvenience we apologize. Sincerely, Centro Hotel Klee am Park

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The location of this hotel right across the street from the Kurpark is outstanding. It's an easy walk to most things a tourist would want to see in Wiesbaden, including the Kurhaus and Kurpark, the Staatstheater, Park Warmer Damm, Stadtschloss Wiesbaden, the Roemer Tor, the Marktkirche, the lovely Bahnhof, the downtown shopping district, etc.

But unfortunately, the hotel itself left me pretty lukewarm. We booked on booking.com and paid through that site. When we arrived, they charged us an additional 9 Euros per night (they said "taxes") because we weren't there on business. They listed parking on the site, but didn't mention that a parking space would be an additional 8 Euros per night. Breakfast was not included and was an additional 8.95 Euros per person and had to be requested and paid for the night before. It was nothing special and, at least in my opinion, wasn't worth 9 Euros. There restaurant was open only for breakfast, so it's a good thing that the shopping district was only a 10-minute walk from there.

The room they gave us appeared to be clean, but there were problems there as well. I don't really care about a minibar, but my wife is diabetic and we like to refrigerate her insulin and re-freeze they gel packs we keep in the insulated bag when we can, When I opened the minibar, I found an empty space. When we contacted the desk, all we got from them was "no minibar". Wi-Fi was practically worthless. The only place we could get service was standing right by the door, and even then it was spotty. The TV, likewise, didn't work. It would come on, but trying everything I could think of with both the TV and the cable box, all I could get was a message on the screen saying that it wasn't getting any signal. Then there were the bugs. My daughter killed one spider and another bug that I didn't recognize in the bathroom. There was another spider up by the ceiling that we couldn't reach. And on the morning we left, my wife took pictures of a roach running across the bed.

So the summary is a great location, but not much else to recommend it. The surprise additions to the price, the not-included and overpriced breakfast, the missing and/or non-functional amenities, and the bugs all add up to a place I'll not be inclined to book again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lee N, thank you for your contributions and your constructive criticism. We regret that not much enjoyed your stay with us. For the inconvenience we apologize. Sincerely, Centro Hotel Klee am Park

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We stayed for a week in May, to attend the superb performances of Der Ring des Nibelungen in the Hessisches Staatstheater. The hotel is on a quiet road just a few minutes from the opera house and has views out over the city from the upper floors. The opening window and access to the balcony in our 5th floor room were very welcome in the heat. The beds were comfortable, though the duvets were too heavy for summer use. There was no noise from traffic or from other rooms. There is a lift to all floors, as well as an elegant spiral staircase. Only some of the TV channels worked (no signal for English language channels) but the Wifi signal was strong. A new password is issued for every device each day. The lighting would not be good enough for study or computer work. The bathroom (with shower) was an adequate size and there was plentiful hot water. Some of the high storage shelves were difficult to reach and a few more coat hangers would be useful. Mineral water is provided, but you need to bring your own kettle, mugs and supplies for tea and coffee. Breakfast is served on the ground floor and in the adjoining terrace (where people are allowed to smoke). There were ample supplies of food, but the choice was limited and the menu unvarying...more imagination needed there. The staff were pleasant and helpful and had a good command of English. We would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Upper floors have balconies
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Centro H, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Klee am Park Wiesbaden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Angela D., thank you very much for your kind review. It's great that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be your hosts again. Sincerely, Centro Hotel Klee am Park

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Just recently returned from a two night stay in Wiesbaden. The trip was amazing, so much to see and do. Fabulous opportunities for walking and trekking outside the city. City is lovely and we took the Thermine Tram which is great. I will write more about "what to do" in another article, however for this one I will talk about the hotel. I am giving it 2 stars because that is all that it is worth to me. One star for a bed and one star for a breakfast.
It is old and outdated and that is obvious from arrival. It is fair to say it is clean and friendly but if you usually travel on business, this is definitely not for you. Internet was not working on Day 1 but did kick in on Day 2. Rooms are dated and tired (but clean). No mirror in the room for makeup, only a full length one in the darkest part of the room. Plastic shower tray and broken tiles, however a really powerful shower - but no shower caps or any toiletries other than the wall mounted tubes. Single bed - when do you see single beds in a hotel room these days? No bar - well there is one but they wont let you use it and it is never open. There is a vending machine where you can get water, wine, beer and a few snacks. No room service, no mini bar, no air conditioning and if you open the window the noise from the road and neighbourhood keeps you awake. One pillow and a very weird pillow it was! I was not sure if it was meant to be like it, or if it was old and floppy. TV is tiny. My friend didn't even notice her TV until I pointed it out. Staff do not seem very knowledgeable, but are friendly. The restaurant is open for breakfast but it is very basic. If all you need is a place to lay your head and no facilities, then it is clean and functional. I'm sorry to say that unless they are organizing a major overhaul and refurbishment, I would not be staying again. Sorry!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Centro H, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Klee am Park Wiesbaden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear oj2002, thank you for your contributions and your constructive criticism. We regret that not much enjoyed your stay with us. For the inconvenience we apologize. Sincerely, Centro Hotel Klee am Park

Reviewed 18 May 2017

This is a quite small hotel very close to the adorable historic/Belle Epoque town centre, apparently well loved by Kaiser Wilhelm, and therefore hugely convenient for the pedestrian town centre, with its eclectic and hugely unGerman restaurants, stylish stores and fashion houses.

The rooms are sparse and aircon free. So when it's hot outside, it's really hot inside. It's been a long time since I stayed in a hotel that was utterly incapable of putting you, the guest, in some sense of control of your comfort.

However, the room rates do reflect that. And one post work evening of strolling around a really opulent town centre with its very international take on food and drink has won me over, even if I did seek out the traditional, and very affordable German bierkellar vibe.

I'm here for a week, and now the room has cooled down, I'm looking forward to a comfortable sleep and a great breakfast.

The helpfulness of the reception staff cannot be praised more highly. Huge amounts of attention and very welcome information about which restaurants and bars are worth an evening visit.

Whatever your tastes.

Room Tip: You just get what you get. My view is the lovely park, the town's Historic Theatre, and a multi-storey car park.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Centro H, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Klee am Park Wiesbaden, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Brian T., thank you very much for your kind review. It's great that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be your hosts again. Sincerely, Centro Hotel Klee am Park