“good experience”

Bed'nBudget Hostel Hannover
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I had a good experience, no problems at all. The single room was clean and basic, the bed very comfortable; a TV set, clean towels, hand soap, a sink and a mini fridge were in the room too. The toilet and showers was shared but I never had to queue.
The room tended to be a bit warm during the day (it was quite hot outside) but as I was there mainly during the late afternoon/evening hours I didn't really feel it much.
The location was good too: it's near Deutsche Messe where I was attending an event (walk 5-8 minutes to Bothmerstrabe and get tram 8, direction Messe/Nord, it's only 3 stops) and it is also right in front of the tram stops 1 and 2, both are going to the city centre and the main train/coach/bus station (less than 10-15 minutes tram ride).
I believe they have wifi but it is not free... but I didn't check with the reception so I may be wrong...
The only thing that puzzled me was why they call it hostel... it didn't look like a hostel at all! There was no kitchen or common room (game room or whatever) or if there were the guy who checked me in forgot to tell me about it. It looked more like a normal hotel. I am not complaining, it was just a question I had in mind. Maybe they gave me a room in the hotel instead of the hostel? (for what I understood the property has a hotel and hostel together).
Anyway I wouldn't mind go back there again if/when in Hannover.

Stayed: June 2016

Reviewed 7 June 2016

It certainly doesn't look as nice as in the pics! Rooms were actually good and showers were ok, but there was only one bathroom, the kitchen was dirty as well as common areas. It's not worth the price!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2016

We were woken all night by drunks coming in drunk. Very lax security we were in a horrible double room with a shower which was €45 for the night. We complained in the morning to the receptionist who was very off hand and said we should have rung the hotel in the night we would have been ringing every hour! Stay here at your peril and if you really have to take flip flops for the awful floor and ear plugs for the noise!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I travel quite a bit and stayed in many hotels. I never had such a horrible, uncomfortable and dirty hotel experience. Be careful....make sure you are in the hotel NOT in the dormitory. This was not very clear when i booked. So in the dormitory, you don't have a room, but rather a bed number in room with 16 beds. the closet isn't even large to put in a small suitcase. Internet is paying and doesn't even reach beds. Common showers, restrooms, etc..... DO NOT STAY THERE

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I contacted the hotel for a double instead of a twin or bunk beds, and however they could not guarantee availability, I got the room which I requested. The room itself was clean and warm, with a small fridge and a couple of power sockets, so if you travel on budget holidays you can enjoy it. Free parking.

It was a bit confusing to find the way at night after the whole day driving to drive into the parking area, which is actually for the other hotels as well, so at first we had to circle back and forward alltogether around 2 km, untill we finally decided to cross the pavement! It would be highly recommended to make some more signs showing the way in. The doors of the room were a bit too thin and not insulated, so we heard all the conversations and even opening the doors of the other rooms (they use ordinary locks here). Some common toiets and showers after the first eary birds are cleaned later during the day, so the floor was wet and a bit messy. No free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business