“As usual very good”

Ranked #1,871 of 2,638 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neustadt-Nord
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Repeat customer to this famous Koeln restaurant. Wine selection could be better...Tapas were excellent.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Yes it does sound a little crazy doesn’t it. It was a first for us too. We went for a meal (admittedly with a large group of 13) but it too 1 hour from the moment we sat down to receive some bread. A further hour to receive our starters. 30 mins later (now 10:30pm) we decided that we couldn’t wait any longer for our food. What had come out wasn’t all there, was wrong and tasted as bland as any tapas I have ever tried. At this point things took a strange turn. We tried to cancel the remaining food as it was late and eating into our evening. People just weren’t hungry any more. At this point we were told the food was coming. We said that if it did we wouldn’t be paying. At this point the manager became very angry, stating that we had to pay for anything that came out even if we didn’t eat it. Not a concept we could grasp. We asked for the bill and when it came we deleted the items that never arrived using a pen and gathered the rest of the bill between the group. I was the first to get up and try to leave. My friend had given the bill to the waiter for what we had eaten. As I went to leave the manager wouldn’t let me and locked the doors of the restaurant (effectively kidnapping us) he was shouting at his staff in German (which I’m afraid none of us could understand) certainly the most bizarre restaurant experience I’ve had anywhere in the world. Eventually after us explaining best we could that we only paid for what we ate he let us go. To be honest I don’t think we’ll be back to Los flamencos any time soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

If i could mark this 0 i would. We stumbled across this restaurant, waited 2 hours before food was served, eventually our tapas came - but we were still missing some dishes. Food was stodgy and not particularly enjoyable, pretty greasy and didn't taste particularly fresh.

We complained a number of times to the waitress and after the first hour and a half hour asked to speak to the manager. Who was incredibly rude, was speaking down to his own staff and simply would not listen or compromise on any of our points about the service.

No compromise was made so we instead cancelled most of our mains (which still hadn't arrived after waiting over 2 hours in total. We informed the manager we would not be paying for the food that hadn't yet arrived. To which he argued that we would - that in itself was bizarre, why would we pay for food that we haven't even eaten.

Approx 40mins later a couple of the main dishes came (those we hadn't cancelled), the paella was possible the worst I've tasted - stuck to the bottom of the pan. the meat in it was horrible looking and the seafood was not fresh.

When our group got up to leave the manager actually went and locked the doors of the restaurant, threatening us with calling the police - this is something i have never experienced before and was intimidating and truly awful after such a bad meal. The waitress was also clearly distressed by his manner, we continued to let her know it wasn't her fault, despite his horrid tone.

He proceeded to count the money we had left (we ended up paying for all of the tapas but not the 2 mains that had come - as they arrived over 2 hours late and were awful.) Please note but this point we were one of about 3 other groups in the restaurant - so it wasn't as if they were busy.

The manager then decided he was happy to let us go after counting the money and then proceeded to say 'thank you' to each of us in a mocking, childish tone as we left - truly bizarre and intimidating but we were so glad to be leaving.

It was a AWFUL end to the night. I strongly suggest you do not pay this restaurant a visit and hope the waitress seek alternative employment!

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

As this Spanish restaurant was very close to the Hotel Conti where we were staying it was only a matter of time on our 5 nights in Cologne that we would visit here and what a great find.
A lovely white washed interior with cool metal decor and furnishings and plenty of seating options spread throughout this place,it really is a fantastic place to enjoy a nice meal or a drink.
We were here on a Friday night ,as we had just ate we were only here for drinks ,we got a table and a very pleasant member of staff took our order of a couple of beers and we opted to have that most German of beers and a beer widely available throughout Cologne namely Gaffel Kölsch and these delicious beers were served iced and sparkling and we just chilled out and soaked up the great vibe in this busy and popular restaurant.
I really enjoy Kölsch beer,it's a light and hoppy beer and very easy to drink indeed.
We really enjoyed our beers in here,we ended up staying here for another beer before we moved on and for a first time visit we were very impressed with the great restaurant.
Los Flamencos is easy to locate ,from Ubahn or tram stop Rudolfplatz walk down Aachener Straße and cut onto Brabanter Straße were you will find this restaurant.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Friday,5pm till Midnight.
Saturday,Midday till Midnight.
Sunday,5pm till Midnight.
A great restaurant and bar and well worth checking out.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I went to Los Flamencos and paid for the bill and left a tip. But then we decided to order another round afterwards. When the time came for the second bill, they charged us for everything since the beginning. Surprised, I explained to them I had already paid the first bill, but they refused to believe me (even after I told them the exact amount of the first bill, how much cash I gave and how much change I got back very explicitly, etc). They simply refused to listen and forced me to pay it again. Extremely disappointed.