Excelsior Hotel Ernst
US$72
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
1,323 results
All reviewshanse stubeleading hotels of the worldpiano bartrain stationthe free mini barbeautiful hotelturn down servicecologne cathedraljunior suitefive star hotelan upgradecathedral viewrooms are spaciousthe location is perfectin decemberchristmas marketbreakfast buffet is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2015

They got it all right. We decided to spend Easter weekend in Cologne and booked the Excelsior Hotel Ernst mainly because it is a Leading Hotel of the World and its centric location right next to the Dome and the railway station.
I was impressed with teh pre-arrival experience as much as with the hotel itself. When making the reservation, I was kindly offered help at the train station and was asked if we needed a nanny during our stay. That by itself was a nice touch.
Check-in went smooth and we were assigned a beautiful and large Executive Suite. The was suite had recently been renovated and featured a contemporary style with all the must haves you can expect from an executive suite. 3 TV's, 1 and 1/2 bath, conference table with AV facilities and a gorgeous bathroom.
The breakfast buffet offered a large selection of german breads, local cheeses and cold cuts and huge assortment of fruits. Service at breakfast was attentive and swift.
The concierge was extremely helpful and needed few words to understand what we were looking for. His recommendations were spot on.
Lastly, the amenities for our 1-year old baby were a nice touch, beautiful wooden crib (not the typical travel crib) with baby towel and personalized stuffed Easter bunny!
Excelsior Hotel Ernst is a great option when looking for luxury in Cologne.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
excelsiorhotelernst, Geschäftsführer at Excelsior Hotel Ernst, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Dear Ex1K,

Thank you so much for your generous rating on Tripadvisor and your wonderful review.

It is a huge motivation to the entire team to read your compliments about your stay with us. Our associates are the heart and soul of our hotel and everyone is giving his best to make our guests feel warmly welcome and creating unforgettable memories to you. So we are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us,

We hope to welcome you back in the nearest future and remain

Reviewed 7 April 2015

Top quality. Everything was perfect. We had a wonderful stay and are glad that we had chosen the Excelsior Ernst Hotel. They were so kind to present a birthday cake for my wifes birthday.The location of the hotel is excellent right in the middle of everything interesting in this city.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear hubert h,

Thank you for visiting the Excelsior Hotel Ernst and we hope you had a safe journey back home to Albuferia.

We would also like to thank you for writing this wonderful comment on Tripadvisor, which I love to share with the entire Team.

We hope to welcome you back in Cologne very soon and remain with the best wishes to a wonderful spring season.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

The Excelsior Hotel Ernst is very charming, in a great location and with a wonderful restaurant. It has an old-world charm and the service was fantastic! I had forgotten my credit card in the cab that I arrived in and, within minutes, the staff were helping me and had tracked the cab and my card down. I also got a wonderful upgrade to a room with a fireplace and a lovely living room (always such a plus). The restaurant was very lovely and the food was very good.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Dear Saliska,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your impressions with us.

We are delighted to read that we could have convinced you about the service and quality of our staff and the hotel.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back and remain

With best regards to Stockholm,

Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

I have never been more pleased with a hotel booking in my life.

The excelsior brings my appreciation of hotel staff and hotel quality to a new level.
At breakfast we arrived as a party of 9 (2 families) with 4 boys between 8 and 12 years old a teenage daughter and 4 adults, and we experienced a fantastic buffet with fresh fruits, good quality continental choices, they also had various options for kids and adults. The staff were remarkable and very courteous. They even promised to prepare a separate area for us to sit tomorrow because of the size of our party. There's champagne for Breakfast and very very freshly squeezed fruits.

The rooms are very clean and spacious, beds are very comfortable with quality sheets and i had uninterrupted sleep both nights. Both bathrooms and showers are clean with hot water within seconds of switching them on , with over 8 different towels and 2 bathrobes of good quality. The minibar is free and the reception and concierge are helpful with arranging taxi etc.

Gym, sauna, bar etc are other facilities that add to the allure of this hotel.

The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the train station and directly opposite the biggest tourist attraction - the gothic cathedral. It is and ls 2 minutes walk from the shopping area. You can also pickup the city tours bus from outside the hotel. Like I said I have never been more impressed with a choice of hotel.

Internet access is free for tablets and mobile phones but they charge if you connect your laptop.

Now I think the Germans are the best hosts in the world. I'm Nigerian-British and I live in the Hague. This hotel is highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear Gerry I,

It has been such a pleasure to read your wonderful comment on Tripadvisor.

We all are very proud that you and your family felt warmly welcome and at ease during your stay at the Excelsior Hotel Ernst. And we are happy that you recommend us for other guests as well.

We hope to welcome you back in the nearest future and remain

Reviewed 2 April 2015

We stayed here as my husband was on work assignment. The reception staff could not have been more helpful throughout and service is impeccable: they arranged an extra bed for my daughter, choice of pillows types and bolsters, daily turn-down service, free (and replaced daily) mini-bar, free wifi and even a choice of newspapers in the morning. We had a room facing the internal courtyard and even had a view of the Dom spires. It was a wonderful 3 night stay exploring the Augustus Palace, Claudius Therme, Zoo and Chocolate museum. Everyone was extremely friendly and kind; from the reception to bellhops and room clean-up staff. It more than made up for the somewhat inclement weather over the weekend.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms facing the internal courtyard are quieter and more private.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank JenChongUK

Dear JenChongUK,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor!

We do not take it for granted that you are taking the time to share your impressions with us and we delighted that you did so. It has been a huge pleasure and motivation to read your compliments about staying with us.

We hope you have a wonderful spring season and we are looking very much forward to welcome you back.