“Komet Komment”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Komet
Ranked #203 of 241 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 19 March 2017

30 Euros a night - single room - shared toilet! I read the reviews and I didn't expect too much, but it was only for sleeping in and was close to the main railway station - I'll survive. The approach, the entrance, the stair, the lift, the reception did not inspire. Check-in (and check-out), and no kidding, was the fastest, most efficient and easy of any hotel I've stayed at in the last 10 years - at check-in, "Here are your keys, key 1 is for street door, key 2 is for bedroom (room 26), you have single room, en suite shower and sink but shared toilet immediately outside room, have a good stay!" and at check-out on handing over the keys, "alles in ordnung - bye bye!". Bedroom was surprisingly large, clean and in decent state of decor. Decent TV, wardrobe, table, chair and various stands and shelving. Mattress on bed was superb and had newish, crisp, white bed linen. Large window looked out onto Bismarkstrasse (a bit noisy and nothing to look at). En suite shower was large and equipped with hot water and a decent shower head with decent water pressure. Shared toilet very clean too. Overall I think I extracted very good value for my money - I've stayed in a lot worse at higher prices. Location of the Komet is brilliant - no more than 250 meters from the Hauptbahnhof railway station, tram and bus hubs and ten minutes walk to the old town. I'd definitely stay here again if in need of a great location and cheap accommodation for a night or two. I cannot score it more than "average" because it is what it is.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I got a room with three beds and is the last room in the hotel... I never see a room like this.

I got a booking on this hotel and in the picture was a very beautiful rooms, when I arrived at the hotel they give me the last room from the hotel with THREE!!! BEDS!!! OMG!

This is HOTEL??? I think... this is HOSTEL !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flo C
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The location was prefect if you are wanting to stay a couple of nights and explore Dusseldorf. The train and underground is throwing distance and is a 10 minute ride into the old town where all of the bars and shops are. Clean and friendly place to stay. The beds were very comfy but I must add they could have had either more or better pillows but not a big deal.

Room Tip: We had a double room with a shower it was spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2016

For the price you cannot complain. Less than a 5 minute walk to the train station and a 10-15 minute stroll into the centre/Altstadt. The room was fine and the shared bathroom was clean. Shower gel was not provided for so we had to ask reception for some, which they gave (probably just forgot to refill our room). They had wifi and the staff were friendly enough. I would go back.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I stayed here just after Christmas, and because we arrived early in the morning, we were offered a bigger and better room and were able to check in straight away. The toilet was down the corridor, but we had a shower in the room which was very convenient. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable and it was warm.
We decide to upgrade to breakfast and the choice was good value for money: coffee, tea, different breads, cereal, jams and nutella, fruit, cured meats and cheese. No croissants, but there was enough food to keep going all morning.
The only thing we did not like was to come back in the evening and see the guy at the reception with his feet on the desk, chatting on his mibile and being very disengaged. When we asked him about breakfast times, he had no idea and said to check in the room or on the wall.
There is also free wifi, so very good value for money overall.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple