“Convenient hotel”
Review of Terminus Hotel

Terminus Hotel
Ranked #205 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Not fancy nor stylish hotel but clean and recently somehow refurbished. Good service. My room on the street side was a bit noisy, relatively spacious and normally equipped. After a decent breakfast we took advantage of the location next to the railway station and we walked to the city center. So to sum up not quaint but basic, functional, convenient hotel.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 December 2015

+ good location
+ very clean and comfortable room
+ no problems with check-in or check out
+ only few minuts to city center
+ our room content kitchen, living room, bed room and big terrace
+ smaller breakfast included
Ideally for group of friends or family.

Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed 1 March 2015

This hotel is absolutely a no-frills no-amenities sort of place but I still have an affection for it. I stayed here for a week once a year every year for 13 years. The rooms are small, there is no restaurant (breakfast only) but the staff were always attentive and helpful. If you are looking to live it up in the lap of luxury this is not the place for you, but if you need a good night's sleep in a spot close to downtown and with good access to public transportation, it'll do just fine. One suggestion: ask for a room on the "garden side" as the street side can be a bit noisy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is easily reached by tram or bus (704 and 721) and is within striking distance of the main sights. We were three male adults staying in a triple room and were in Dusseldorf for a football tournament in Gelsenkirchen so a budget hotel suited our need perfectly. However as the trams run most of the night it can be very noisy. No noise from people though (eg. revellers). The local area was very quiet.

Lifts do not stop at all floors.

As with other hotels you can have a ticket that gives free transport on buses trams and trains in Westphalia region of Germany - real good saving. Rooms were basic but clean and suited our needs. We did have a problem on check out in that they said there had no record of receiving any payment for our stay from the web company we used. Although no fuss was made (they had my credit card details and said they would take it from there if no payment was made) I checked on my return home and found the original email which confirmed my payment. I emailed the hotel with all relevant details but as I write I have not received an acknowledgement. Although this may seem a somewhat negative review I have made on the basis that if I was visiting for family or weekend break to see Dusseldorf other than football I don't think it would be suitable for families / couples but was perfectly adequate for us.

Room Tip: It may be that rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter (trams running during the night at the fro...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Terminus has a good location but the hotel is quite old.
The rooms are quite big, and it’s easy to percept noise between some of the rooms as the doors are not isolating. Some of the staff are very service minded and some not.
No A/C in the room I got.

Room Tip: ensure a room to the back. Trams pass by in front.of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business