“Good for budget travelers”
Review of Rheingold Hotel

Rheingold Hotel
Ranked #210 of 241 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The room was quite small and the building is pretty old. This goes well in hand with the charges and it is cheap compared to many other places in the area it is situated around Berliner Alle which is a quite busy area.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Average room. Average facilities. Bathroom was fine. Plenty of towels available. Shower was quite strong. No breakfast option at the property. Though, just 8-9 minutes walk from the Düsseldorf City Centre. Helpful staff members.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Stayed here during Euroshop. Very basic. Receptionist not friendly on arrival. Tired and worn old furniture dating back to the 80s. My fag burnt curtains wouldn't close and fell off the runner. Used towels in the wardrobe which was off putting. Hot water wasn't working for the shower. Building site opposite started drilling and noise at 6am!! It's scandalous they can increase their prices during trade shows by so much. Value for money it is NOT!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank beeb01
Reviewed 10 March 2017

A ridiculous price hike because of Euroshop meant this was an extortionate price for something so basic. The rooms are nothing like the picture they are plain and in desperate need of a paint. Mine overlooked a construction site, where the builders started at 6am. My room was also so near the elevator and the noise was incredible. The amenities were poor, terrible toiletries, a TV so archaic which never actually worked. I didnt feel safe and didnt sleep well. For around 40 euro a night its bearable. I paid way more and it was shocking. A youth hostel would have been more comfortable

Room Tip: ask for a lillac one as featured in the pics
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank BazRex
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in November, when I booked a few hours prior to arrival. So when I arrived at the hotel, it was locked, dark and it seemed quite unfriendly. I was already on the hotline with the site I booked the room with. So after waiting for 1.5 hours, we finally reached somebody. They did not even bother to say sorry, the only thing he said, that his colleague had to go home. Which is still not acceptable if it is being advertised for 24(!!!) hours reception.
The day after, I got to my room quite late, the receptionist called my room, asking if everything was alright, he asked me for my phone number and facebook ID - this is just inappropriate!
Upon asking for nice places to have breakfast, I got the nice response "there's a McDonalds around the corner!"
On my departure day, my flight left in the afternoon. So I decided to go to the city once again, and to put my luggage in the locked storage at the hotel. When I got back to grab my stuff, nobody was to be seen. So I went looking everywhere, and finally found the receptionist sleeping on couch in the lobby.
P.S.: if I would do any of these things, I would be out of a job tomorrow!!!

Anyway, I do NOT recommend this hotel. Please make better choices than I did!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo