See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I usually go here at least once a week and I have done it for 20 years now - I would say I'm a regular. I can't really remember a single visit when I was not happy with the food. And whenever there was a problem they solved it brilliantly. If you are looking for German food then go here!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed for one night to visit Essen motor show with some friends.

We arrived very late at night so everything was locked up & we were unsure of how to get in but we managed to find some staff in the kitchen who gave us access & found the manager to check us in.

Our rooms were very big with comfortable beds & very nice bathrooms.
There was a minibar in the room & free wifi.

The breakfast buffet was very nice.

We did not spend much time in the hotel or local area but we're happy with our stay.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2015

I had my fourth stay here this summer, and as always I feel welcome and taken care of in a familiar way. Rooms are spacious and very clean, food and drink + breakfast is great as always.
If you are traveling in this are, stay here :)

Room Tip: Spacious and warm!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The hotel Sengelmannshof is situated in a very green area in the suburb Kettwig 10 KM away from Essen City.
Sengelmannshof has a good restaurant, especially sitting outside in summer time.
But the hotel rooms are really not more as moderate. The sleeping area is really old fashioned, only the bathroom is modern with a good size.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2009

In Germany asparagus is right now in season and can be found in all kind of restaurants in all kind of combinations. The Sengelmannshof (www.sengelmannshof.de) did however offer a great summery of variations in a formidable 7 course menu accompanied with a very nice choice of matching wines and on top of that an outstanding service (special thanks to Luba). We were a group of 6 and all really enjoyed this whole evening!

We had:

Spargekterrine auf grüner Sauce mit Feldsalatröschen
***
"Spargel-Trilogie" als Salat mit Krebsschwänzen, im Lachshemd mit Rauchaal und als Röllchen mit San Daniel Schinken
Spargelcremesuppe mit Zander
Bärlauchsuppe mit Spargelspitzen
Grüner Spargel aus dem Wok mit Scampiragout
Zitronensorbet
***
Deutscher Spargel mit Medallion von Schwein, Pouladenbrust und Schinkenauswahl, verschiedene Saucen und neuen Kartoffeln
Bunte Dessertvariation