“Mixed experience”

Hotel & Restaurant Sengelmannshof
Hotel & Restaurant Sengelmannshof
Ranked #28 of 69 Hotels in Essen
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Was there for two dinners on a tour in the restaurant. One evening was a great experience, the other was not, The second was on a saturday eve and after sitting down we wait approx one and another half hour for our meals - bad luck!
The meals are great (schnitzel), but if you order the burger you shall read the description very thoroughful. Everything is described, but may not meet your experience. So, the burger is served ina panini, from my point of view it is to hard for a burger. And the patty is more like frikadellee. Honestly, the quality was good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I usually go here at least once a week and I have done it for 20 years now - I would say I'm a regular. I can't really remember a single visit when I was not happy with the food. And whenever there was a problem they solved it brilliantly. If you are looking for German food then go here!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed for one night to visit Essen motor show with some friends.

We arrived very late at night so everything was locked up & we were unsure of how to get in but we managed to find some staff in the kitchen who gave us access & found the manager to check us in.

Our rooms were very big with comfortable beds & very nice bathrooms.
There was a minibar in the room & free wifi.

The breakfast buffet was very nice.

We did not spend much time in the hotel or local area but we're happy with our stay.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2015

I had my fourth stay here this summer, and as always I feel welcome and taken care of in a familiar way. Rooms are spacious and very clean, food and drink + breakfast is great as always.
If you are traveling in this are, stay here :)

Room Tip: Spacious and warm!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The hotel Sengelmannshof is situated in a very green area in the suburb Kettwig 10 KM away from Essen City.
Sengelmannshof has a good restaurant, especially sitting outside in summer time.
But the hotel rooms are really not more as moderate. The sleeping area is really old fashioned, only the bathroom is modern with a good size.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple