“Authentic comfort food done well.”

Wagner am Maeuerchen
Ranked #11 of 421 Restaurants in Wuppertal
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Had a mixed plate of specialties and it was a flavor sensation. The ambience is that of a small German pub and the food to go with it.

Definitely worth a visit if in town for a while.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We followed a Trip Advisor recommendation to go here. Very traditional, staff were welcoming, the beer was good and I had a nice glass of German white wine. My husband had some sort of meat plate with huge amounts of meat but he enjoyed it. I had a chicken dish with a delicious mushroom sauce. I can't remember what we had for dessert but I know it was all delicious.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The location it's beautiful, I really love it; prices are more than restaurant yet service it's like more than a beer Garden, not that bad yet could be improved .
I had Ostrich meat, i have been suggested to get it well done, yet it was definitely way to hard like a stone ( it turn to be so dry tasteless). Mushrooms sauce it was delicious unlikely, one mushrooms wasn't properly clean and I could taste sands/ ground .

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice family dinner in this traditional German restaurant. Very good food, nice atmosphere, excellent services and our waiter was very helpful and polite.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Wagner am Mauerchen. The atmosphere was welcoming and cozy and the place seemed like a local favorite. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and were able to accommodate our inability to speak German. The service was prompt. The food was excellent. Everyone's meal was delicious and the portions were large. Finally, the prices were very reasonable.