“good food, service could be better”
Review of Hoa Mai

Hoa Mai
Ranked #19 of 543 Restaurants in Mainz
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Visited with friends. Food was very good and tasty. The service could have been better. They did not come to our table for some time. There was an issue with language but they did manage to speak reasonable English for both of us to understand each other.

1  Thank Nagappan K

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Wandered a bit further away from my hotel on a search for lighter fare...I love beer and schnitzel but my waistline asked for a break. This gem was worth the walk. Owners were friendly and spoke enough English to make us welcome. Cafe sua da was delicious and the meatball pho hit the spot. I will definitely return.

1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

The restaurant offers Lunch-menus for a great price. . I ordered M10 and as an appetizer I chose Mandu.. they were delicious and it cost only 7.50 euro

1  Thank Octalinda G
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant, we made reservations. Service was great, customers were greeted as they came in. Food was brought out in a timely fashion and when you needed refills you did not have to wait.
The food prices were very good, better than some of the other places we had visited previously. I would recommend this place always, again the service is very good.
I would recommend making reservations as you never know when everyone wants to go there too.

2  Thank Scorpio325
Reviewed 20 February 2017

first of all you want to go to Hoa Mai , because you want excellent asiatic food and you dont search for a glamorous restaurant, is a very convenient restaurant with great quality and even difficult to find a table some evenings especially approching the week end. The service can be very friendly (except first time but probably cause they have so many frequent customers that they didnt recongnize me) anyway second time service was much better and the food always gorgeous !