“Good Italian in Mainz, but the Canoli was perfect!”
Review of Al Cortile

Al Cortile
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Mainz
Price range: US$0 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2017

The restaurant is in a very beautiful historic building and has a very nice ambience.
Service was nice and friendly and the food was very good... nothing spectacular, but very good. The menu had some interesting stuff. We had the mixed vegetarian starter, with olives, parmesan, eggplant, dried tomatoes and lentil, my son had the pizza (of course), my wife had the pike with risotto and I had the piglet cutlets... again all well prepared, but nothing out of the ordinary. In the end we shared out of the seasonal dishes the canoli and this I must say was perfect, really worth the meal. The ricotta filling was fine and delicious!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Although this restaurant is a little hidden but it has already won a good reputation, therefore it is advised to book a table in advance. As we had no reservation we had to wait for a free table but finally we got one in a patio and we could enjoy a very nice evening with delicious Italian food and good wine.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Great ambience, especially when you can sit outside. I love the Vitello Tonnato but the pizzas are also great. In my opinion it’s one of the best places for italian food in Mainz.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I went to Al Cortile for gluten free pasta
at 630 PM . It was my first night in Mainz so I had to ask directions from several people and walk thirty minutes to eat dinner. I ordered my gluten free pasta dish one glass of wine and bottle of water. After thirty minutes I asked the waiter for my dinner. He said its coming soon
People at both tables beside me finished their meal and left. New couples arrived and ordered their meals and I am still waiting for mine
Finally I ask to speak to the manager
I was told it takes longer to make gluten free pasta!!i left without eating and ate crackers for dinner in my hotel room
Sadly I can't comment on the food

2  Thank lifeisnow2011
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We often dine at Al Cortile when we are in town. They are always busy but the staff are friendly and efficient so your food arrives in a decent time frame. And of course , they are busy because the food is excellent at a reasonable price.