US$98
Berghotel Kockelsberg(Trier)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$58
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$183
Hotels.com
US$116
Babel(Trier)
US$91
B&B Hotel Trier(Trier)(Great Value!)
US$75
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

This "design hotel" lives up to its name, with a full on minimalist style all around. Although the architecture is certain to last a while, some of the interior finish suggests it might be ageing prematurely.

The saving grace is the restaurant downstairs! Five stars - as you won't find this elsewhere in Trier!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2015

This hotel is stunning - gorgeous rooms and beautiful views of the vineyards. It's perfect if you are focused on wine tasting amongst the many Weinstube (wine tasting rooms) in Olewig ( the wine village just outside of Trier's downtown), but it's not the best base if you are interested in being in Trier. It's not terribly far (probably about a 20-25 minute walk / 7-10 minute bus ride), but that's a long way if you want to be able to dip in and out of your hotel throughout the day. That said, we had a really lovely stay. The wine from Becker's own vineyard was very tasty, we had a great breakfast each day, and our room and bathroom were gorgeous. A very romantic "get away from it all" kind of place.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne W
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

We picked this hotel because we needed a place to stay the night in between our journey from Cologne and Offenbach and was on the list of hotels in the Design Hotels website.

While the hotel has a pleasant modern aesthetic, it seemed a bit more like a hostel than a hotel. It was located far from Trier city centre (a good half an hour walk) albeit in a pleasant suburb. The rooms were Spartan, wifi didn't work very well, the doors were not self-locking (in other words you had to use a key to lock your bedroom door after you closed it behind you), air conditioning was very noisy, after staff left in the evening you need a key to unlock the main door yourself, there was no garage for the car, only a parking lot in a nearby monastery (which has open gates that anyone can walk through), and the one receptionist we saw during our stay staff seemed to be a student doing part time work.

Over-priced for the quality on offer. Their biggest draw seems to be their listing on the Design Hotels website. Do not book this hotel if you want a luxury experience or good service.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Stay: March 13 to 17, 2015/4 nights/190€ per night

I booked our room on booking.comfew days before for four nights, but upon arrival I asked about the room because it appeared to be an apartment. This room had two floors with a spiral staircase to an additional bedroom. The hotel appeared to have few occupants. I was shown all the possibilities and decided to take the best they offered. I cancelled my booking on booking.com in hopes that I might get a better rate. This did not occur. The executive suite, regularly 240€, was at a reduced rate of 190€ per night. A son brought my wife after I had made the selection, and she was very happy with my choice. This is a boutique hotel with trendy uncomfortable furniture. Our room was 235.

Pros:
The front desk ladies spoke and understood English very well. They were always eager to assist and make our stay a memorable experience.
There was a miscommunication about when to get coffee in the morning after our first night's stay for there was no set up in the room. They remedied that by suppling a Nespresso machine. Two cups of coffee were brought to our room that first morning after voicing displeasure.
The rooms were cleaned in a timely fashion, except for the first day. The remainder of the time I requested that it be cleaned as we left for the day.
The breakfast, which was included, was quite ample, had a wide array of selections, and one could order cooked eggs/omelets.
The bathroom floors were heated.
The showers were glorious and roomy. Our room had a tub, which we did not use.
There was no noise at all in the hotel. The probable reason is few rooms were occupied.

Cons:
There was no provision for early coffee, and I was told I could get it at 06:30. At 7:00 there was still no one. After letting the help in the front door(they had no key?), I made known that the hotel is a Top Choice in Lonely Planet, and rare that an accommodation such as this does not offer tea or coffee in the room. Coffee arrived in rapid order at our room, and we even got a second cup brought!
The management sought a solution by providing an Nespresso machine. What I was not told was that there would be charge of 3,50€ per pod! I discovered this upon checking out, spoke with the manager heatedly, and he compromised on 2,50€ per pod. This was still steep, yet his argument was that if I ordered coffee or went out to get it I would pay this. He failed to reveal that we were the labor behind making the cups of coffee. This was absolutely a rip off and a clandestine way of providing coffee without indicating there would be a fee. Shame on you!
My vegetable omelet the first morning had no vegetables, and subsequent days was cooked differently. The last day my omelet was better, yet the vegetables were sparse. The cooks may want to bone up on this skill. My wife's scrambled eggs the first morning were runny and did not appear to be fully cooked.
The room stock was not resupplied each day. I found you had to request restocking?
The soap dispenser in the shower ran out the last morning:(
The sofa and other furniture was not comfortable.
The matresses need to be turned 180º. The first three nights we found we were sleeping on a downward incline. We remedied this the last night by laying our heads at the foot of the bed. We slept much better on our final night.
The internet speed could be better, but worked well.

Would I stay here again. Possibly, but I would hammer all the details out first before committing.

Ken E. Edwards III
kee123@gmail.com
+1 404 588 2888

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kee3rd
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Personally I found Schlemmereule in Trier slightly better all round but everyone else in our party preferred Beckers Weinhaus.
We ate in the Weinhaus rather than the 2* Michelin restaurant but the food was really rather good. The octopus I chose as starter had slightly too much sauce over it than I would have liked but the main, suckling pig was simply perfect and was so tender.
The waiter was very nice and offered good information on our dishes and accompanying wines.
A good restaurant, if we return to Trier then we shall have to try the restaurant next door.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends