See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2016

A simple hotel in a nice little street three minutes from the central squares and the river Saar. A covered car park nearby, clean room with all the necessary, good value for money. Nothing else, but ok.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Very friendly staff, very good location for a good price.
We got a spacious nice room on high floor with balcony with view of the roof of the church next to the building.
The building itself is outdated, inside some parts are outdated, but important parts renovated, only some of them looked strange.
The breakfast was nice but limited.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank KissLaci
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Great hotel - but one thing was a little annoying; Just recently the Church just opposite the hotel had started a new rutine ringing the bell each 15 minutes. Not our favorite as we went to bed very late and tried to sleep in the morning. Hopefully this rutine is temporarily.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I am American and my husband is Austrian and we stayed here for a few days to look for an apartment in Saarbrücken. I made the reservation in English I will get back to this point later.

Our train arrived late and brought our bikes. The guy at reception that evening was really nice. He helped us bring our bikes in and brought them downstairs to keep them safe. After that evening we never saw him again, and the front desk service was horrid.
The room was clean. No complaints with breakfast or the service there.

For the rest of our stay the front desk staff acted like we did not belong and they were constantly checking if we had a room. Then, my husband needed to print something. He was told he would not be allowed to use a USB, he had to email them the document, and would take 3-5 hours to print and receive the email. He also asked since it was our last day if we needed to do anything else. He was told no, and apparently the guy acted like he did not want to talk to him. I went to ask about the document 20mins later. The email was printed but they had not informed us. I inquired as to why he was told this and I received no answer he stared at me and turned around saying nothing and completely ignored me. I could not get his attention again even though I kept trying to talk to him. My husband said that he felt the front desk was being cold to us because he is Austrian and that their conversation had undertones of this.
The next morning when we left there was no one at the desk and we waited because we wanted to return the key. Since the booking said I agreed to pay for the reservation with a credit card and in doing so I could not change anything I thought we just had to give back the key. It started to get a little late and our train was due to depart in 10 mins so as we were trying to leave a guy shows up and says we need to pay. I explain to him we are paid and I show him my copy (it said I agreed to pay and my card would be charged and that nothing was changeable). We go back and forth for a bit on this and I give up and hand him the card I made the booking with, you know the one that they said they would and could charge. Their machine could not take my card regardless of the fact that I made the booking with that card. I kept thinking they have that card, they said they can and will charge that card. I had to pay with a different one, which caused some huge travel problems later since the other card was reserved for paying for the hotel.
We barely made our train, we got on it as the whistle was blowing and the conductor shuffled us on out of niceness.
So, if you are Austrian or married to an Austrian don't bother staying here. If you have a magnetic visa card, don't stay here. And PS, you are not pre paid even though the online booking in English seems to say you are.

Room Tip: Ask for not near the neon sign.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Excellent location, just in the heart of the old town. The rooms are spacious with wonderful views and very clean. The food is based on local cuisine, ecological herbs and natural fruit. The staff is extremely helpful and efficient, they make your stay perfect.

Room Tip: the front rooms have a view on the central Cathedral, simply beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business