“Traditional German”

Ranked #1 of 247 Restaurants in Chemnitz
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We wanted to try the local cuisine and hospitality and this was OK. We sat outside on a warm evening. The roulade and salmon pasta were both good. The horse meat snitzchel was very disappointing and far too greasy. Prices were reasonable and service was efficient.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Once in a while I go visit my parents in Chemnitz and they took me to this restaurant. I ate horse meat before but this restaurant is just superior to everything I ever ate before. I chose the special which was a burger with sweet potato chips. It was so delicious! I recommend to make a little detour just to get there and try this burger. I hope they will never take it off the menu.
The waiter was also really nice and had good jokes at hand.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Great food with a slight twist for us westerners. Horse meat. But don't let that put you off. Full menu of normal foods that are very yummy and other items if your not interested in eating far lap or Mr Ed. Worth a trip and a go.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Excellent cuisine, also if somebody does not eat horse meat! Besides the delicious horse meat specialties one can have some nice fish and vegi dishes as well as rich salads and traditional deserts. A very interesting selection of beers and high alcohol liquor rounds the offer. A very relaxing high roof hall that looks like some village in the Alps. Quick service, solid food, good prices. If in Chemnitz do not miss it

Reviewed 27 December 2015

We decided to drive some distance out of our way and the Owner kindly reserved us a table. We were welcomed by the family who all work in the restaurant - dad was cooking, mum and son, Frank were serving. The place was packed and we can understand why. The food and service are indeed excellent. Now whilst they serve some excellent cuts of meat, their delicacy may be somewhat interesting and we can recommend well worth the exploration. Their dishes that are prepared from horse are incredibly delicious and well worth attempting. The carpaccio could only be compared to oryx carpaccio in Namibia - an incredible feat. Having never tasted horse meat, we actually thoroughly enjoyed it and found it really tasty and not too heavy. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality - may you have an excellent 2016.