“Worst Starbucks Experience Ever ”

Old Market Square (Altmarkt)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$388.33*
and up
Dresden Private Christmas Market Tour from Prague
Ranked #18 of 226 things to do in Dresden
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We are a regular customer of Starbucks throughout Europe and Northern America and what we have experienced today, is so disappointing.

We ordered amongst others a venti cappuccino to go. And got a 2/3 empty cup with only foam. We asked the employee serving us if there was a mistake. She said “no”. We said that everywhere we go the cup is actually full of coffee like a venti cappuccino should be. The reaction of the employee was that then the other Starbucks stores have been making it incorrectly! Seriously?

Then I wanted to pay with our Dutch EC card. And there was a big problem as the card wasn’t signed. It doesn’t need to be signed, I told to the employee because it works via pin. He said no, there should be a signature. But why? I have been paying like this for almost 10 years everywhere in Germany and only at Starbucks Dresden it’s an issue.

The employee are very in need of a customer service training. They were not friendly or couldn’t even engage or speak with their customers in the right way. If this would be a franchise store, I would have perhaps understood. But this Starbucks is a direct operating store in the capitol of Dresden! Service should be much better.

Starbucks Germany, what will you do about this?

Bobby & Ulrike

1  Thank Bobby Björn F

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This market sells everything and anything..including jewelry, food of many ethnicities , clothing, etc. and the best warm nuts ever.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This place is a lot less crowded than i imagine it would be, which makes it a very peaceful square for an open space in the center of the city. It has restaurants, shops and coffees and you can see the top of some great monuments from here!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is a great place to get those extra steps while looking at the city. Great way to feel freedom and have an uncluttered mind before you hit dresden to experience the good drinking and dinning options

Reviewed 28 July 2017

There is of course more than one square in the "old town" of Dresden and each of them nicer than the other. The churches are all in a cluster around the Old Market Square and lots to see. There are also lots of nice places to eat and unlike other cities we have visited you don't get ripped off near the tourist attractions. All restaurants offer great food of varying types at reasonable prices. All the staff we met were great and if they didn't speak English they would go and find a colleague who did. They were good at explaining what was Gluten Free for my wife.
The only thing that irked me about Dresden and it was all over the city were discarded cigarette butts which littered the place. People were nice but no ash trays for the street were visible at least to gather up butts. Don 't get me wrong I am not an Antichrist on smokers (I am a former smoker) it is the optic's that is all. Other than that minor flaw Dresden City Square is a star..
The only down side