“Good food, good location, good prices”
Review of Cafe Luise

Cafe Luise
Ranked #187 of 836 Restaurants in Leipzig
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I've eaten here many times and it is always a good experience. Terrific location and an excellent menu in both German and English. Can be crowded, but reservations are available online and have always been promptly honored. Recommend for visitors and well as locals.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This is a very popular, nicely appointed place so we initially found it ideal for a Saturday breakfast.
It took the waitress 15 minutes to take the order and another 20 to bring a cup of coffee straight from the machine. Upon having inquired as to the waiting time, we were advised that it make take at least half an hour, if not a full hour. So we opted for the buffet as an alternative to an à la carte breakfast.
The buffet: scrambled eggs (cold), hard boiled eggs, a cheese platter, a cold meat platter, a bit of yoghurt and one sort of milk, müsli, Caprese, one sort of marmalade
, Nutella and 2 kinds of rolls. All of questionable quality and cramped without any attempt of decoration on a small table squezzed in en route to the restrooms.
To add insult to injury, at least two items were not available at any given point. For instance at the same time there was no cheese, Caprese, fruit salad, whole grain rolls, while just a couple of spoonfulls of yoghurt remained and a little bit of milk. When we asked for the rolls, we were told matter-of-factish that they are out, without offering us a whole grain baguette, still available.
When we eventually asked for the bill, another waitress brushed us off, and the check arrived some 10 minutes later.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Cafe Luise is a very nice neighborhood meeting locale for friends and family. Food is very good and wait staff are warm and friendly. Strongly recommend for brunch, food is fresh, tasteful and tremendous variety to suit almost everyone's palate. Popularity makes visit times critical due to crowded seating. Enjoyed two brunch visits and a breakfast and our family was totally satisfied. We will definitely visit this venue again.

4  Thank boopstr
Reviewed 11 December 2016

What I like about this place: Nice atmosphere and a very friendly waitress serving us.

What I wish they could improve: I was living around when I was visiting Leipzig, found this place recommended by many people online, so I wanted to try their breakfast out. I went on a Saturday morning at around 10am, many tables were reserved/occupied, but I was still able to get a table to be seated. Because it's a popular place, it is a bit crowded when all the tables are occupied.

It seems to me that there were only 2 waiters serving the entire dining area, so it took them quite some time to come to your table to take your order.

I ordered American Pancake with Maple Syrup and fruits, taking a Matcha Latte as drink, while my friend took a English Breakfast with Latte Macchiato. My friend said her food was okay, but mine was very disappointing. Firstly, the pancake was extremely burnt, the one that was on top was 75% burnt (black). Some of the pancakes at the back are having very weird shapes. The pancakes were cold, not even a bit warm. The fruits were put in between the pancakes, and it seems to me that they took the fruits from the fridge, so the fruits were a bit freezing. The Latte Macchiato tastes like milk tea to me, extremely sweet and without any matcha taste. The green colour of the drinks also looks very fake, never drink a matcha latte in any place like this colour. It seems that it's some artificial color.

I guess I am very disappointed because the food in the place is not cheap at all, and with the high rating/recommendation, I am expecting it a lot more. Anyway it seems like a very popular place, and perhaps they are better in doing German breakfast with Ham/Cheese/Bread/Yoghurt than these kinds of cooked breakfast.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

I went to Luise a couple of times in the summer. It's great to sit outside and have your meal there. It's a quiet street but you can feel the buzz of the city. There are several restaurants in that street and they all have sitting outside so it feels quite vibrant.
The food was good on both occasions. I had a salad once and the next time I had a halloumi burger. Both dishes were well- prepared and tasty. I've also had a few cocktails, which were also of a good standard.

1  Thank NataliaAM