“Delicious and surprisingly cheap ”
Review of An Nam

An Nam
Ranked #24 of 895 Restaurants in Leipzig
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

Stop by here spontaneously on our trip to Leizig. It was super busy and we were lucky to get a table. Best book a table beforehand. For a was delicious and service super friendly. Would recommend this restaurant anytime!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank oliverj1987
Write a reviewReviews (133)

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

It was am excellent dish. I was tired and hungry. It was one of the best Pho Bo in Germany that I ever had ... will come back

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2017

A friend and I went there for lunch on a Wednesday, it wasnt very busy at all. We waited about half an hour just to place our orders. I asked for Red Curry with either Chicken or Beef, turns out they didnt have any Red Curry, so I asked for any dish with a Peanut Butter sauce. The waiter claimed they didnt have that either! Stunned, I asked how its possible to run out on two major sauces and he said he just didnt have any left and said I should take the sautéed chicken, it has some peanut butter sauce on the side.

Puzzled, I asked how he could offer me something with a sauce that he just claimed they run out of. He said he has just enough left of it for it to be on the side of a dish. It was the most expensive meal on the menu, but ok I was hungry.

We waited another hour for our food. So 1.5 hrs after we entered we finally had gotten our food. Unfortunately it didnt get any better from here on out. The food was horrendous!!! Apparently the chicken came with noodles, they were dripping of soy sauce (I may as well have eaten a spoon of salt, it probably would have tasted better), the sauce was basically water, it didnt even taste like it had peanuts in it. The chicken was overcooked and just tasted salty as well. All in all, the worst food Ive ever had in Leipzig.

Im not exaggerating, I have waited for my food for an hour and a half, ate a few bits of chicken (didnt even touch those disgusting noodles a second time). I sent back a full plate of food, paid the full price anyway (I was too exhausted and hungry to start an argument about how terrible the service as well as the food was) and left to go eat something elsewhere. Never again, there are a dozen better Asian restaurants in the city, dont go there!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This has been until now my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, but after tonight I'll never come back. We waited almost half an hour for the waiter to take our order, and in the meantime people that came after us already had their food and their drinks.

When I confronted the waiter about the situation and asked him for a claim sheet, he told me "You have to be patient, I'm alone". Then I told him: "This couple arrived 10 minutes after us and they are already eating their food, and you haven't even written down our order. Please, give me a claim sheet".

Then he told me: "I don't understand". And had the nerve to leave me at the bar and ignored me.

I didn't fill the claim in the end because I didn't want to waste any more time there and I was hungry, but I sincerely hope someone reads this review and chooses to go to a better restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017
3  Thank C1921QIjaviers
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Really good and delicious Food. Nice and quick service and very affordable prices. We have been multiple times and will go again! :)

Date of visit: June 2017