“Great food, beers were not my thing.”
Review of Wenzel Leipzig

Wenzel Leipzig
Ranked #25 of 895 Restaurants in Leipzig
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Zentrum
Description: The Wenzel restaurants are a unique gastronomy concept that offers its guests the tasty Czech cuisine and the classic Bohemian beers in an authentic, warm and social location. All our restaurants are modeled after the beer houses of Prague and are given its typical charm by a Georgian artist. Our aim is to spoil you with high standards in service and food and offer you a great experience in a unique surrounding. Try our huge pork knuckles, enjoy a fresh beer or indulge in our tempting Czech sweets. Whatever you are looking for - whether it is for a date for two or a big party - we hope to welcome you soon in one of our seven locations.
Reviewed 8 November 2019

A charming little place in central Leipzig, this gastropub serves Eastern European food with Czech beers. I was here on a business trip with ten colleagues and we enjoyed a meal as well as a few beers.

The food was good, I had a Schweinshäxe, a roasted pork knuckle with crispy skin. The sauerkraut was very good as well, but I didn't understand the steamed bread dumplings that were served with literally everything.

I ordered a dark beer expecting to have an intense flavour, but it was disappointing and tasted like a pilsener. After that, I ordered a pilsener which was OK. Pricewise, it's worth the hospitality and the atmosphere, but I'd go elsewhere on a next trip.

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank C9216RKmarkh
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Our visit at the Wenzel Prager Bierstuben has been good. We ate our dishes. The deserts have been a nice surprise and we liked them. Friendly staff and fair prices in the centre of Leibzig. The selection of Czech beer is nice too.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank benjaminbW7146SJ
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Great beers and lots of choice
The food was fantastic
The service was great
This place is in the town square so its perfect for people watching
Highly recommend this place

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank gchc_11
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I am coming all 5 years to Leipzig. Always, we are going to that place. We are eating the menue up and down. Enjoy the marvelous Czech Beer and the Pear Schnaps Hrusovice (which is KOSHER!!).
Loving the Utopency and the dramatically excellent Hovezi Gulash and certainly the Svichkova...its a poem. Prior to our visit, I had a conversation wit a Taxi Driver and he was warning me not to go there anymore, but PRAISE THE LORD, we went and my lovely driver was so wrong!! We have a Pani Vrchni there, he is always there, and his service the exorbitant...the best in town. This stay in Leipzig, I went even twice to that restaurant...and I love it, enjoyed it, felt sooooo much home!! So, what can I say? It is a MUST GO!! Enjoy!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2016

I stayed at the hostel nearby and decide to try this restaurant for dinner. I decide to pick a combo menu with beer and dessert. The service is great even I come by myself. No complaint. The restaurant is not so crowded so I can enjoy the atmosphere inside the restaurant.

The food itself is good. I can't remember the name but for an Asian like me, the beef tasted different from one we had in my home. The beer itself was quiet strong and the dessert is also good.

If I have another chance to visit the restaurant, I will to try other menu.

Date of visit: October 2016