“The service is great, otherwise a bit overrated”
Review of Diego

Diego
Ranked #5 of 908 Restaurants in Leipzig
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Brazilian, Colombian, Mexican, South American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2016

This restaurant has outstanding service, and the food is very good, however, there is nothing special about the food itself. Just standard mexican/south american food which one could get in any good mexican restaurant. I guess it is rated outstanding as it is the only such restaurant in Leipzig? Also, it is a bit expensive, considering the fact that any good mexican burrito can be obtained for about 10 Euro and here it is over 15 Euro and does not include any of the sauces! The service is, however, outstanding.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

We were not impressed. Basic beef or lamb with French fries. A little bit slowly service. In the room we we're eating smelt like damp

Reviewed 24 November 2015

I wouldn´t recommend this restaurant at all.
First of all we had to wait 2 hours for our food, and the waiter made 2 times a mistake..first with a drink and then with a dish.
Second, the waiter (I think it was the manager) was completely overwhelmed with the amount of people we were and couldn´t manage properly the bill. It was a complete chaos.
Finally the food was way to expensive for what you get. I ordered an expensive salad and I thought I would get some nice spices on it as in other restaurants ( and considering the very expensive price) but I got only some veggies with no salt, oil, balsamic or any kind of sauce on it.

Ridiculously expensive and food is not worth it. I am latin american and all my friends at the table as well and we were very dissapointed!!

8  Thank Ingrid_4572
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Very friendly owner and staff. Small restaurant definitely worth a visit in Leipzig. High level cooking for low prices.

Be aware there are two restaurants next to each other, this one is -not- on the corner.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

This restaurant's high rating does not reflect the reality - You have been warned!!!

At first sight it seems we entered a pleasant little restaurant. We then been told there is no English menu, and nobody that can translate.

We have done our best to communicate with the nice owner, and eventually we ordered 3 main dishes. Service was very slow, considering only 3 of the 9 tables were occupied with about 8 people.

The two fish dishes were dry as the desert, clearly abandoned on the grill for twice the time that was required. The vegetables and salad that accompanied these dry dishes were mediocre and bland.

In contrast, the fillet steak was great, but again the side dishes were mediocre and bland.

100 Euro for 3 persons is a reasonable price. unfortunately the price was right but the food was wrong..

1  Thank Dror B