“Very good breakfast”

Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sudvorstadt
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

We had a great French breakfast. Absolutely fresh and delicious products. Only downside was the dez brioche and the big pastry could have exchanged for the excellent salmon.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (144)

Reviewed 29 May 2020 via mobile

Maybe fun if you want to experience how Leipzig used to be back in the days. I am born and grew up in this city and it is so funny sometimes to be confronted with the remnants of the past. Went here with my girlfriend who does not speak German. We sat outside for 10 minutes and after nobody came she went inside to ask for service. I saw from a distance communication did not work and went after her to translate. I just got „Lern doch Deutsch!“ (Just learn German) from the waitress and after hearing that comment pulled my girlfriend away and we left.

Date of visit: May 2020
6  Thank Timobeeren
Reviewed 29 January 2020

A lovely place to have breakfast. The staff is friendly and attentive. A very nice experience. I strongly recommend this place!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Ruthie_Sch
Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

We had the Ile-de-France breakfast here. Absolutely extraordinary regarding choice, variety, taste and attention to detail. Bohemian French feel interiors in local neighbourhood off the high street. Good service, although be prepared to wait a little during peak time.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 14 December 2018

Café Maître’s dining room is an original, late, art-nouveau room, complete with spectacular stained-glass panels, carved doors, and ceiling rose. The tables are also very cute, with some art-nouveau ones and also some art-deco ones. It was a pleasure for me to be in such a beautiful room.

My wife and I had lunch there. The food was good, although not up to the standard of the room. The atmosphere was good; the place was busy—which is always a good sign. The service was friendly and attentive. The prices are reasonable, perhaps a little on the expensive side. And the toilets were clean and neat.

We will be back.