“If you are craving some good beef...”
Review of Fuego del Sur

Fuego del Sur
Ranked #30 of 370 Restaurants in Kiel
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2015

This might be one of your better choices near downtown, easily accessible by car or by foot across the bridge. Of course, I am now accustomed to "real" food, not the chemically-laced junk we somehow benignly swallow in the US, but every once in a while, I crave good beef which does not have a strong presence here in DE. When the urge hits, one of the ways to satisfy it is to make a beeline to Fuego del Sur. Although I am dismayed with the need to first feed a meter to park before I can feed myself, I've found the steak very flavorful and prepared as requested (English rare rare rare) and therefore, it's been worth it. The environment smacks a bit of "warehouse" since it is very spacious and rather sparsely decorated, and I've not been overwhelmed with the other selections, but neither have I been disappointed. My dinner companion enjoyed her seafood selection very much. It will surely be a matter of personal taste, so give it a try. It's usually in the "Kiel and Umgebung" Gutscheinebuch, if that's what it takes to get you in the door. It might become your new "beef go to" restaurant.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

After a short walk across the bridge in the inner harbour in Kiel you reach the restaurant Fuego del Sur which turned out to be a pleasant experience with spacious room, good athmosphere, fine service and good food.
The restaurant is fine steak house with a good selection on the menu. Personally I had the grilled swordfish which was excellent.
The restaurant is recommended.

Reviewed 6 February 2015 via mobile

Was there two timee with my co workers. Its not thst its bad, but the place reallybmuch more than it is. The place looks good, i tell you that, but the food is not more than just ok, and when you combine the price, which is a bit high, you get a feeling that it wasnt too bad but it will be your last time. And yet i was there twice.
Had two times a steak. On both times it was made more then i asked.
The service is good.

Reviewed 16 December 2014

Very average steak house,,good starters (thank god) because rib eye steak was very average extra sauces were cold on arrival my chips ok but other guys were cold

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Good location, easy free parking, very nice ambience and excellent food. My wife and I both had the Dorado which were cooked to perfection. Our friend had the rib-eye which was also cooked perfectly. We all also had excellent salads. This restaurant has very good chefs and very good service. A pleasant experience and good value