“Cheap and ok”

Ranked #31 of 381 Restaurants in Kiel
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2016

Went here for dinner with two colleagues. Ordered a steak, mixed fish and swordfish. Asked for a salad without dressing. We all got a salad, but they included the dressing. That was quickly changed an I got a salad without dressing. The service was quick and the food god served soon after we finished the salad. The fish and meat was very tasty and portion size was more then enough. However the baked potato was to dry and tough. Probably to long in the microwave.

However this place has potential and I think I will give it a second try next time I am in Kiel.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Visited the Feugo del Sur in a large group, the service was good and the food was nice and quite generous serves. If you order the steak you definitely will not go home hungry. I requested mustard which was a little challenging for them however they did come up with something as a tasty alternative.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

I was visiting this restaurant when i were first new comer in Kiel. The lunch or Dinner were very nice and the staff ware the best in Kiel. But it seems they have changed the cook, and staff... Until last visit i realised that this restaurant is no more like i expect. They serve my baby squid on cold salat, and the whole BBQ squid was cold, my Spaghetti had very strange smell of Olive oil, and it did not have good taste as usual. I look to other tables, I saw other guest have all big dishes with potatoes, or salat...but they does not look fine like i usually had before. I think i will not come
back here again so soon until i read or hear more positive comments.

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Service is not good. We had to hail the waiter multiple times to get more drinks and such. Steaks are okay. Argentine beef is not that great in my opinion. Restaurant is really nice.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

This might be one of your better choices near downtown, easily accessible by car or by foot across the bridge. Of course, I am now accustomed to "real" food, not the chemically-laced junk we somehow benignly swallow in the US, but every once in a while, I crave good beef which does not have a strong presence here in DE. When the urge hits, one of the ways to satisfy it is to make a beeline to Fuego del Sur. Although I am dismayed with the need to first feed a meter to park before I can feed myself, I've found the steak very flavorful and prepared as requested (English rare rare rare) and therefore, it's been worth it. The environment smacks a bit of "warehouse" since it is very spacious and rather sparsely decorated, and I've not been overwhelmed with the other selections, but neither have I been disappointed. My dinner companion enjoyed her seafood selection very much. It will surely be a matter of personal taste, so give it a try. It's usually in the "Kiel and Umgebung" Gutscheinebuch, if that's what it takes to get you in the door. It might become your new "beef go to" restaurant.