“Wateraid and tiramisu”
Review of Versilia

Versilia
Ranked #62 of 178 Restaurants in Jena
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

The Italian restaurant looked very nice and it was clean. The food was perfect and the pizza was cooked in a stone oven.

Contrary to this, i was shocked when I saw the bill, I was in denial at first but I soon realised that the very small bottle of STILL water that they could of got from a tap cost 3 EUROS!!

The first time we went there we asked for still water but it was sparking so it ended up being more fizzy than Pepsi.

3 Euros for a bottle of water about 200 ml, I've seen huge 1.5 L bottles of sprite for the same price.

The garlic bread didn't taste if garlic, and when we ordered as a group the garlic meal arrived before the rest of our meals, so it was Very awkward.

After this we asked for the bill which took the same amount of time as it took Leonardo Dicaprio to get his Oscar, which was frustrating as we wanted to leave.

I would also like to add that the service on a Sunday is more laid back than Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show. The food took so long that by the time it came I lost my appetite, then we ordered some jacket potatoes and tiramisu which took another 45 mins or however long Ellen's talk show is on for.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

if you are in thuringia and you like to taste Italian food there are only two places: michelangelo in Eisenach and Versilia in Jena. I like very much the fettucine with parmisan. Also bruschetta is generous and nice.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

This is a nice pizzareia run by some very friendly Italian folks in Wagnergasse. The menu has a HUGE selection of pizzas and pastas as well as some fine desserts. They have a open kitchen layout with a stone oven, so the pizza is really good. The prices are also pretty decent for the good quality food.

Reviewed 12 September 2014

As an American, the first thing you learn about service here, is it is "relaxed". That being said, at Versilia it was almost non existent. When our waiter brought drinks for most of our table, we thought he would be back with the rest. Wrong. He stood at the bar, had a shot, joked with fellow employees and returned only to serve us the wrong food. It was not very good food. There are other great places to eat on the same street that have better food,better service, and better prices.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I completely disagree with LucaP. The fact that the owner (and all the waiters) have a really southern italian accent doesn't concern me at all. Would be worse if someone with german accent tries to sell me a pizza. The personnel is really nice, polite and professional. The food is good, pizza is the best in Jena...the only acceptable for an italian. A wider choice in pizza tastes would be appreciated. Overall a nice choice for a good dinner with friends...especially if u miss Italy.

1  Thank fonta f