“Dishes not as per menu description”
Review of La Tarte

La Tarte
Ranked #41 of 155 Restaurants in Weimar
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2017

La Tarte is one of our favourite restaurants in Weimar. We eat there at least once per week. We spend 100's of Euro here every month.
Last night was a big dissapointment however. I saw the Menü du Moment earlier this week and told my husband we have to go and try the new dishes.
I ordered the Cremige Erbsensuppe mit Schmorsalat und karamalisierter Jakobsmuschel. The soup was lovely but arrived without the Jakobsmuschel.
We ordered the Surf & Turf for main course. It should be Rinderfillet mit flambierten Risengarnelen, Blumenkohlröschen, Pommes allumettes und Sauce Béarnaise. This time our food arrived without the Blumenkohlröschen. The meat was lovely.
We pointed the shortcomings out to the waitress and she said that she got no reaction from the kitchen regarding this.
That is very dissapointing. Making a mistake is one thing, but having no interest in correcting the mistake is really not good.
The waitress was very friendly and efficient. The restaurant was busy and she was serving all on her own, so we didn't get to order our usual dessert and/or cheese platter either.
We bring out of town guests, have recommended La Tarte to family and friends who also go there on our recommendation, so it is a real let down to see that our patronage is not appreciated.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Came here for dinner, had a three course set meal. Visitors may be relieved to discover that there is little in the way of heavy German cuisine here; it is basically French with possibly a dash of Italian thrown in. There were about five items to choose from, For my mains I ordered a traditional Alsatian dish called ‘Flammkuchen’ which turned out to be a very thin pizza covered in raw onions. It was almost inedible until the onions were removed. In all other respects the restaurant is pleasant and the staff were friendly. Probably my fault for ordering the wrong dish.

Michael M, Owner at La Tarte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

I`m very sorry, but we do not have any Pizza !?! The French-Flammkuchen are very different and not to compare. One of our Flammkuchen (in french: tarte flambé) is named "Italien" and has an ingredients- combination which is well known from Italy as: Mozzarella, Basilikum, Tomato. All the other Flammkuchen (we have 13 items to choose from, not only 5!) are french regions named and has typical ingredients-combinations of this regions. All in all our Flammkuchen offer is only one part of the total supply. Flammkuchen are a particular offer from Elsaß.Our main offer consists of classic French dishes with Bretonian flavor, as our kitchen chef comes from St. Malo (little Brittany).
Perhaps you should try next time another typical french dish.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Two weeks ago my friend and I dined out at this restaurant. The design looks okay, not that elegant, yet it doesn't seem too plain. We arrived 15 minutes earlier than the reservation time. Some tables were still empty and a waitress told me that we could just sit and wait, but should not wish that my dinner would arrive earlier too in a very unfriendly manner. What a horrible start! The food was fine, no complain. After the payment using credit card, she somehow didn't give us the payment receipt and told me that the bill copy should be enough. She even took the tip without saying thank you and just left. Definitely will not come back to this restaurant with horribly poor service.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

This restaurant is located in a very special place, here you can see how the old houses were build. A lovely garden. We were served in the 2nd floor, not a great atmosphere. Service was very good, but the food and the wines a big disappointment. Not a good day for the chef. Go there rather for a lunch and tea in the garden.

Michael M, Inhaber at La Tarte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

We do not have a 2.Floor. Be you shure that you meen La Tarte bistrot francais?

Reviewed 8 February 2015

Good food, friendly staff, good service, nice decor and ambience. We would go back again for a nice night out in Weimar.