See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Nice small hotel in the middle of the old city. Close to most places and sites.
We had a nice clean small room with air conditioner overlooking the street.
The staff was nice and service minded. We got a simple breakfast, not included, great coffee and a toasted bread bun for €3.
The only complaints I have is the pillows was too soft or too few and the WiFi didn’t work well in the room apart from just inside the door.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I stayed 6 nights here. Basic accommodation but clean and quiet. Lift to all floors. Pretty internal courtyard - reminded me so much of Havana........ I'd definitely recommend it to not overly-fussy travellers.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aprilevent
Reviewed 8 May 2017

On arrival I was met by a male receptionist. I use the word "met" rather than welcomed as I had the distinct feeling that he would prefer to be doing something else.

The room was clean and tidy. The shower head was loose on the wall and had to be held up by hand to get the water to reach me instead of the wall. After the shower I saw that the water had leaked from the side of the shower unit and run into the bedroom and it took a considerable amount of mopping up with the towel to clear it.

There was a lot of noise coming up from the open central area into the floors above and this continued until well after midnight. The decor was well past its best and the room was in need of redecoration.

The breakfast was woeful and consisted of some toasted bread with butter and jam and nothing more.

When I asked about wi-fi availability I was told of three available and to use whichever one had the best signal in my room. When I asked for passwords I was handed a pen and paper and told to copy them down from the information on the wall.

At checkout mine host - the same man as the previous evening - was more interested in speaking to the other owners/staff rather than attend to my imminent departure.

I would not recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Cadiz. It spoiled what was otherwise a splendid two days.

Room Tip: I should imagine the higher floors will receive less noice from the evening party scene below.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with friends as the carnival was on we arrived half hour early which seemed to put out the family member who opened up for us. This hostal is family run and yes they still get a bit loud . However they all were all polite and in the end came across friendly. Very basic shower leaked all over the floor bed uncomfortable and a lack of plug sockets. But clean tidy and expensive for what you get.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 37grb
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I was supposed to spend one night at this hostal, however, things didn't go as planned.
Sometimes, small hotels like this one, in fear of not selling their rooms double book accomodations, especially at weekends.
Normally, I meet very nice people who would do anything to make up for the huge inconvenient, as well as taking responsibility for the overbooking.
In this particular instant, the ower, not only was verbally abusive to me and to his staff to justify his obvious miscalculation but he was shouting in the hall like a mad French man it was my fault I was without accomodation that night, despite me signing a booking sheet earlier on the day.
At this point he could have chosen to assist me and call other hostals to check availability but he preferred leaving me in the streets of Cadiz, on a Saturday night, with nowhere to go. I'm a girl and I was travelling alone. He did not care and did not show one bit of concern.
In this business, from time to time, overbookings happen but it's how the hotel management deals with the problem that makes the difference. This individual should not work with the public as he has no concept of what customer care is and has failed me as a human being on all regards.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo