1,347 results
All reviews wave pool water park splash world main restaurant beach bar mallorca block main pool life guards big slides kids disco family holiday free bus to puerto banus evening entertainment tui rep mini disco rubber rings san miguel
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We travelled as a party of 8. 4 adults and 4 children aged between 5 and 1.

I'll start with the negatives:

The staff are impersonal, unfriendly and rude! We were snapped at by reception when checking in because we didn't have a printed copy of our booking! Exact words 'I wouldn't have to do this if you had brought a printed confirmation with you'
No pool towels in our room so reception told me to walk around the hotel to find a cleaner! We'd just travelled for 10 hours, kids hadn't eaten for hours so this didn't go down well.
Despite asking 3 more times, including asking the Tui Rep we never got our towels and had to find a cleaner!
Bar staff were rude at the pool bar and treated you like an irritant as opposed to a customer! One bar lady was actually rummaging through her tip basket whilst a customer was trying to talk to her! She just kept saying 'no' to him!

Food is bland, luke warm and the restaurant is chaotic! Every night we were forced to clear tables and remake them so we could sit down. Plates would pile up during dinner and not be cleared so the kids could have ice cream without balancing their bowls on dirty dishes! Restaurant staff actually told me to get my own cutlery on one occasion if I wanted to sit down with my family and eat!
I witnessed a man highlight undercooked chicken (it was bleeding) to the chef who just shrugged her shoulders and turned her back on him.

Evening entertainment was dated and a bit rubbish! The mini disco was the same every night and following that they tried to sell tat to the kids! Nothing between 9-10pm other than bingo EVERY night! Had to keep the kids entertained during this time!

Beach is dirty! We couldn't even walk on it so gave up!

Positives:

Rooms are light, modern and well cleaned.
Lots of variety for pools although height limits for kids is a bit excessive and the life guards are OTT at times! I even got shouted out for rescuing my 18 month old from a kids slide as I'm not allowed on (so another negative - sorry!)
Pool areas are kept clean and you can't access them until 10am which is a real plus! No sun bed rush early in the morning as you can't get to them until after breakfast!

To sum up, kids loved the place, mainly because of the pools!
If you don't mind the restaurant chaos and impersonal staff you'll like it here. Definitely not a 4* hotel! I've been to better 3* resorts.
We came here on a recommendation and were left pretty disappointed.

I did submit an official complaint via the Tui Rep whilst at the hotel (day 4) but they submitted it the day I checked out! Take from that what you will!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle O
HotelesGlobales, Dirección at Globales Playa Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for letting know your discomfort. We are very sorry to read that we have not met your expectations. we are taking notes of your comments in order to improve service provided.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I went with eight family members, consisting of 3 children and 6 adults on an all inclusive package. The room that I was allocated with the 2 family members I was sharing with was too small, and were moved twice before we were happy with the room. The room was clean and lovely. The shower however, is another story altogether. It goes from being hot to warm, then cold. You have to be really quick to jump back when it's hot or you might get scalded. The third bed in the room creaks when you change position and kept us up for most of the time. If you want the towels and bed linen changed, you'll have to toss them on the floor, otherwise, they'll just re-use them.

The Internet connection was all over the place. I had to use my data to get any connection at all.

The food is abysmal. Same old food rehashed over and over again. For the whole week we were there, I ate mainly fish and plain pasta. The food is plain and bland. The steak were as tough as old boot. The paella, when I've ventured to try it, is underdone. For someone with sophisticated palate, this is definitely not for you.

The entertainment is dire. I have never come across such dross in all my time of staying at an all inclusive resort. The whole thing is laughable. For a four star hotel, I expect better.

However, I'd say the hotel is great for children. With four swimming pools and water slides, the kids would have a whale of a time.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for singles or couples looking to have a good time. Would I return to this hotel in the future? Definitely not.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyD95

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to read that we have not met your expectations. We have taken notes of your comments and we will do our best to improve service provided.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We spent 2 weeks at this hotel in June (myself, husband, 2 kids aged 4 and 2, friend and her husband and their 2 young kids the same ish age as ours) and we had a fantastic time.
The hotel is really great, if you've already booked your holiday then you're in for a real treat. There are pros and cons at this place and I'll do my best to list them now (based on my experience and opinion of course!)

Pros :
*The hotel is really clean and well kept, there is nothing I can complain about with regards to the cleanliness of the place, the maids do a fantastic job and the swimming pool areas are spotless.
*The swimming pools are open from 10am - 7pm, initially I thought that this would be horrible, keeping the kids entertained until 10am would be hard work but actually it was great! No sun lounger hogging and really relaxed to have breakfast which ended at 10am and then off to get our place at the pool (always loads of space and never a mad rush!) The bars closed at 6pm and then you had another hour until the areas were closed and gated (which also meant that kids were safe in the evenings when you walked around)
*A laundrette - for 6 euros you can buy a token @ reception to use their large washing machine onsite, no need to take any detergent as its all included in the fee - they also have tumble dryers but you're provided with an airier on your balcony that is more than enough to get it all dry in about an hour!
*Kids mini-disco and entertainment during the day was great - kids disco starts @ 8:30pm and finishes at about 9:10pm...we used the kids club only a couple of times but they were great and ours loved their time.
* Lifeguards - OK so they seem a bit over the top sometimes but they were watching the people swimming like a hawk and it was really reassuring that they were there all of the time.
* Aldi @ the end of the road - 10mins walk and you can stock up on room snacks and sweets, really handy!
* Food quality was excellent, we enjoyed everything on offer, the pizza was particularly good!
* Pools - lots of pool option and they are all fantastic, you won't get bored!
*Theme nights were good, we only went once (Thai) which you can book @ reception 48hrs in advance - really nice and a nice change too.
*Drinks were great, the cocktails are included in the 'all inclusive' rate and the ones served from the machines were really lovely.
*Wifi is great and works throughout the resort
* No mosquitos!
*Great air con in the bedrooms
*When you get to your room you're given a bag you can use for the pool - like the type of bags you buy @ the supermarkets, really handy and no need to take another pool or beach bag with you
*The beds all have waterproof sheets on them - ready for bed wetting and are always swapped and remade with new ones if your little one does have an accident!

Cons
*Transfer time from Malaga airport was around 2hrs - much longer than expected and hard work after a long trip from Birmingham airport - take snacks and stuff to keep your kids entertained (like a well charged ipad!)
*Rude reception staff - I think we were unlucky as we had a really rude lady check us in, really not helpful and made everything feel like a chore (horrid after just feeling hot and sticky after a long trip with 2 young kids that wanted to get in the pool!)
* Strictt lilo policy in the pools - basically don't take anything other than a ring to the pools, you won't be allowed to use it (we bought cool ones at the local shops the first day and then we were told we weren't allowed to use them so don't waste your money!) buy rings there or take them with you but don't bother with anything else.
* Restaurant service - OK so this is my only REAL complaint, basically the hotel can't cope with high volumes of people, their restaurant isn't well organised, the food isn't grouped (like pasta and sauces put together, you have to queue for the pasta and then queue longer to get to the sauces - doesn't make sense!) Be ready to queue lots and have to put up with some pretty rude people who push past you and jump queues ALOT! By the end of the 1st week we sorted it out and basically braved breakfast, went down to the beach bar for lunch (burger, chips, breads, cold drinks etc) and then braved it again at dinner time - we tried to sit in the glassed area at the top by the bar for meals as it was much quieter and calmer but we just had to make do! The restaurant has a side bit where there is another buffet space, there you can get just kids food at dinner time which helped a lot when it came to getting food quicker than about 30mins, in that area there are also more ice cream tubs and yoghurt at breakfast - much nicer! We had to clean down dirty tables a few times where the staff weren't able to get round all of them at dinner time, again this was a big downer but it wasn't the staff's fault - they just weren't ready for the volume of people!
* The beach is gravelly and not really great with young kids - obviously not the fault of the resort, just one of those things

All in all, we had a fantastic holiday - we paid £2400 and for our money we had a really great time, if you've already booked then you're in for a treat - beware of the restaurant faff and just grin and bear it really...the cleanliness of the hotel is second to none and that's coming from a bit of a clean freak!

Have a lovely holiday!

Sam

Room Tip: Not a bad one I don't think?
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Samantha R
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Absolutely brilliant holiday.

We travelled for 10 nights from 22nd June with our 7, 5 and 2 year old.

I'll start with the negatives and get them out the way!

Between 9 and 10 at night there was bingo and basically selling 5 euro tat to children. The kids disco was 8:30-9 and then there was entertainment 10-12 of varying quality but the kids loved it. It just left us unsure what to do between 9&10 as we aren't going to pay to do bingo. Not our thing.

The other negative is the kids slides. The water around them is cold. Much colder than in other pools and the entire time they're climbing up to the slides cold water is pouring on them. The cold water pouring on the kids really put mine off using the slides which is a real shame as that's what we went for! Even the blue toddler slides there is cold water pouring at the top of the steps and the top of the slides as they sit down. No adult would put up with this design so I don't understand why you'd do it to children. My 2 year old was the only one to enjoy it and only by being carried up the stairs and then put on a slide and then as adults aren't allowed on the slides we had to run back down and carry her up again.

My other half was also unhappy that there wasn't chocolate ice cream available at every meal time! (there were 8 flavours out and chocolate was always available at the beach bar!

Back to the positives:

We stayed in the Majorca block in a 1 bed apartment which was brilliant. So lovely, spacious and clean with a fab balcony. A lovely quiet pool outside and right next to a pool with a beach bar to collect drinks from. The only downside is we could hear the evening entertainment at night. On the plus side we could see the entertainment from our balcony once the kids were in bed!

The restaurant was excellent. Such a large variety of food. Breads, salads, pasta meats, chips and fish available every day as well as the BBQ, vegetarian area (which was actually vegan) and 'specials'. The 'specials varied from roast beef to seafood to sweets and chocolate fountain! My daughter has a egg and milk protein allergy and they were happy to make food fresh for her. Slight language barrier but they ordered her vegan ice creams in and vegan milk. Couldn't have asked for more. It was so nice.

Adult slides were great fun and the life guards weren't too strict so one of us could look after all three kids while the other used the slides.

The beach is a dirty sand as all around that area are.

My other half enjoyed the archery and shooting for the adults.

There are kids clubs for Polish kids, Spanish kids, kids from Luxemburg but nothing specifically for English kids. Mine joined in the Globales kids club joining in with French Bowles, mini golf, frisby etc. I particularly recommend the pirate day, we turned up right at the end of the morning session and made pirate hats and face paints and then did a two hour treasure hunt in the afternoon. We didn't leave our kids so had fun with them.

The whole place is lovely and clean and maybe I should give a 5 star review, its just that I hate sitting through the money-making Bingo and the design of the cold water pouring on kids trying to get to the slides stops it being absolutely brilliant.

We loved the wave pool and it was nice to occasionally chill out by the kids paddling pool and splash park.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Katrina C

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback at trypadvisor. It motivates us to know that your family and you had a good time.

Looking forward to seeing you at Globales Playa Estepona

Kind regards.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We spent 2 weeks here last July and don't get me wrong the accommodation , pool and slides are great .But the restaurants were absolutely chaos with the food spread over 4 rooms . Every meal time we had to clean our table before we could sit down and the food was disgusting.
The beach bar was even worse, there were flys and bugs everywhere .
The whole food situation ruined our holiday and just to put the icing on the cake my husband was ill on the plane home .

If you like nice food book somewhere else .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Alison E
HotelesGlobales, Dirección at Globales Playa Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thanks for your feedback, although anyone would think it is a bit out of line after a year. We are glad to read it, so we can recommend to visit us after the great changes we have made.

Since last year we have enhanced our food quality, we have also reorganised our main restaurant and snack bar increasing our capacity and resructured our food exposition. All of this, thanks to the great work of our staff.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards