All reviewssteam roomleisure facilitiesthe salt water poolfinnish saunaindoor poolfitness areatrain stationtransplant gamesprevious hotelworking portspacious hotellarge tvport areaport viewbreakfast spreadan easy strollgreat hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

First impressions count. I was checked in my a lady having a simultaneous phone call. Although she did pause the call to ask me if I wanted to pay for an upgrade, it didn't feel very personal. The same happens on check out. She did wish me a nice day but didn't ask how my stay was.

Otherwise, the room was a decent size. I wasn't over keen on the two single beds next to each other with seperate sheets. The bathroom was good. The gym worked fine for me too, although the fridge contained a single half drunk small bottle of water.

Location is fine. A nice walk to the centre and not far from the airport.

Ok but won't return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Ilunion H, Gerente at Ilunion Malaga, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for giving us your review.
Your opinion has been share with the whole team and we would like you to know that we will be very happy to receive you again in the future.

Yours sincerily,

Mar Almagro. Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

-The rooms are dated,
-language skills of the staff are poor and
-facilities are not what you would expect of a 4 star hotel.
-Service is poor
-Manager only works mon-fri if you do have an issue with your room.
Not worth your money

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Karl,

We would like to thank you for sending us your comments.
We regret that you could not fully enjoyed your stay with us. We will take in consideration your feedback to improve our service and we hope to have the opportunity to recover your confidence in our hotel.

Kind regards
Directora Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2018

A beautifully set out hotel. The staff are super friendly and helpful with anything you may need. Very well placed to see the city in a short space of time. Rooms are clean and homely. Safe and clean area.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thanks for posting your opinion on this website.
We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. We want to thank the commentary on our staff, who will be happy to receive you again.

Kind regards,

GM ILUNION Málaga.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

A nice place to stay for a couple of days. Very well located. Close to beach and the passenger ship terminal. It is also not too far from the town.
Good rooms, restaurant and food.

Helpful staff as well.

A small hiccup that I went through was I got a bad headache in the middle of the night (perhaps to due to getting wet in rain earlier). I didn't carry my little personal medicine pouch, my bad. I thought it would be easy to find an aspirin or paracetamol but none of those were available at the hotel and nearest 24 hour pharmacy is around 30 mins walk away.
That is something to be wary about.

The hotel does have a AED though.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Ashok S
Ilunion H, Director General at Ilunion Malaga, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Ashok,

First of all thank you choosing us and leaving your comment on this website.
We are happy to read how much you appreciated our services and facilities and we hope welcome you soon in ILUNION Malaga.
Best regards,

GM ILUNION Málaga

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

No hot water for a shower in the morning. Was told “sorry nothing we can do because of a problem earlier in the night”
Typically, in these situations customer service would at least offer something to compensate you for the inconvenience, such as complimentary breakfast or an upgrade but no, even though we complained 3 separate times. Very poor service as far as we are concerned and we have stayed in hotels all over the world and in fact at this hotel 3 times before. The last time the gym and pool was out of order.
In conclusion, not happy, most likely will not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mdclif

Dear Customer:

First of all, thank you for taking a few minutes and let us know your opinion.
We regret not having covered your expectations during your stay. Comments like yours help us to implement improvements in our processes and service. We are really sorry you couldn´t enjoy the pool because of the improvements works.
We made our best trying to announce those improvements works on our web page and other channels. Please note that access to the wellness area is totally free so you were not overcharge.
We hope to have the opportunity to recover your trust and see you again at our hotel.

Mar Almagro