1,084 results
All reviews bull ring rooftop spa old town great location high floor taxi rank recommend this hotel busy road city centre the bus minute walk sun deck paseo del parque port area stayed here for a week lovely room mini bar
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Positives:

-Overall very clean and tidy

-friendly and welcoming staff

-nice view of the bull ring and Alcazaba from our room (801 on 8th floor). You can also see a bit of the sea.

-has a decent cafe right outside the hotel

-few minutes walk from the beach

-right next to Line A bus stop (from airport)

-very close to the Alcazaba

-the area is beautiful with lost of well kept flowers and trees

- rooms are definitely 3 to 4 stars.
Great size with great bathroom and additional chairs.

- lovely bathroom

-good lifts to the rooms (two small lifts)

Negatives:

-our bed didn't have a duvet. Instead it had two bed sheets put together to form a 'duvet'.

-no bathroom slippers

-the jacuzzi bath pumped out lots of dirt and hair

-no iron in the room

-no kosher or halal eatery within a mile or so (not the hotel's fault of course lol)

- wifi didn't work all the time

Would I return- yes. Mainly due to the location and well kept rooms. But I would ask for a proper duvet, slippers, and an iron. I didn't bother asking this time around as I was there for just the one night and was too tired to ask.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Captainships
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Stayed here on a city break and the location could not have been better. We were close to the Marina and Beaches where you will find some very good restaurants located on the beach or along the Marina. It's a 10 minute walk into the Old Town through a lovely park. We traveled from the Airport by bus for 3 Euro's each and the bus stops just yards from the hotel and its probably the quickest way to and from the airport. Our room on the 8th floor had views of the Marina and Castle above the Old Town and there's a small cafe just outside for breakfast or drinks.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

A 2 night stay at MS Maestranza turned out to be great fun and it would have been nice to have stayed longer. The reception staff were particularly helpful in allocating us the location and type of room we’d asked in advance – we find this a rarity!

Getting There

A 100 metres or so from the airport bus stop (A route) and the hotel doesn’t have its own car park. There are several nearby but it is a bit awkward to arrive first and drop your luggage off as there isn’t a loading area and the street is very busy.

Location

Really good.

About a 10 minute walk into the old town and two minutes down to Malaguita beach.
There are several convenience stores in the area.

Rooms

Pretty standard stuff for Spanish hotels.

The rooms are not massive but big enough to be comfortable. There’s a mini bar, TV, bath and shower, excellent a\c, safe. No hot drinks facility but the blackout curtains were a big help and the bed comfortable.

Noise

Some but it is city centre Spain! The rooms towards the back get little road noise but there is still some. Ask for a room on a high floor overlooking the bullring.

Balcony

Again, small but big enough. The views are stunning but there’s no furniture on them; we lifted two chairs out from the room and used them. There’s also a lovely sun terrace up on the top floor near the spa. There are beds, tables and parasols and this makes a great place to have a few
hours catching the rays with wonderful city and port views

Wifi

Free for unlimited devices in all areas (struggled out on the balcony \ sun terrace).

We were room only so can’t comment.

Staff

Friendly enough and helpful.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OfftheirP
Reviewed 26 May 2016

I stayed here with my boyfriend on a quick trip down to the south of Spain from Barcelona. I chose it because of the location and the price. Whilst not being the cheapest it looked the nicest for my price range and was very close to the marina and the centre.

We were able to check in at about half 1 and the checkout time was 12. Sounds great, but probably explains the abundance of stray hairs on the bathroom floor (that were not mine).

I'd booked a double room, but as ever booking as two males were given two singles (made as singles and put together), we were only staying 1 night so didn't want to create hassle with changing rooms.

The actual room was nice, a great size and a view of the bull ring and castle. I'm always disappointed when there are no coffee and tea making facilities (I know it's a British thing but always seems a bit stingy when there isn't any), but the mini bar was well stocked and not overpriced.

We had a large balcony, but only 1 chair in the room so we couldn't sit out in the evening sun together before going out.

All in all I thought it was nice. Nothing special but well worth booking if you're on a short trip.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richgreenw00d
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Friends, Family and I have all stayed in this hotel many times... but we have all noticed how it is slowly becoming worse than it used to be. Not so much for the hotel / rooms but the STAFF. We have noticed a huge change in staff attitude over the years and does not offer the same customer service they did 6 years ago. It hurts to say it as we really loved this hotel, but prices have steadily risen and no cheerful deals can be found at any time of the year... and with the staff being less polite and curious, well, it has dropped considerably.

Further example of this: I would like to add that we went out for a drink one Friday night and noticed 3 of the Maestranza staff drinking in the same bar as us, (2 had their uniform still on). Some drinks later we saw them arguing with staff and creating a scene. Shouting and moaning. Something that I personally found embarrassing and would certainly like the hotel manager to know how his employees act in their spare time... and with the hotel uniform on. Quite shameful.

We will not be considering this hotel until they revise their pricing and staff attitude.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple