“Authentic Italian great Carbonara”
Review of Il Sogno

Il Sogno
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Il Sogno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 738 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Description: Italian restaurant with wood fired owen, pizzas, pastas and muchos more, nice atmosphere.
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Really enjoyed two visits to this place. Not the biggest menu in the world and largely pizza and pasta only. Nice outdoor seating and plenty of locals eating there. Pizzas freshly made in the pizza oven, friendly staff and fresh pasta. I normally don't eat Carbonara just because I think it is a bit bland and often resembles a Tesco microwave meal. Often a safe bet but not ever anything special. This felt far more like an authentic Italian Carbonara, bugatoni spaghetti, crispy smoked ham and a tasty cheesy sauce blended for a magnificent taste (our 14 year old who would be quite happy with a 99p Tesco Carbonara didn't like this, I think that is probably a compliment!!) I thought it was easily the best Carbonara I have ever had. Great value for money and we liked the relaxed atmosphere. A modern clean building, not as decadent as some of the other Italians in the area but a superb informal Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here 2 nights ago. We arrived at about 10pm by 11pm it was full of locals which is always a good sign in my book!
Such a refreshing change to go to an authentic, family run Italian restaurant; rather than your classic tourist style Italian with a huge menu. The service was fantastic, the food- homemade and cooked to order. What more can you ask for? Don't be put off by the fact that it isn't on the beach - the food is so good.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Went here after reading the good reviews online. However, was quite disappointed with my visit. Service was terrible, took ages for the food to come and staff were standing around talking and laughing with each other the whole time and ignoring customers who were clearly waiting around for their plates to be taken away etc. Despite this I was pleased with the food, however only the pizza. Wouldn't recommend the pasta dishes.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This Italian restaurant is not on the beach so it is not as crowded as the ones on the beach. That is pity because this was lot better than the Italian restaurant we ate before during our vacation.
The first thought when we walked to the restaurant was that it’s going to be nice to eat away from the noise and crowd on beach. The Italian on the beach which we visited before was so packed, but the atmosphere in Il Sogno was great, just the right one to have one more dinner in peace before flying back home.
The garlic bread was crisp and tasteful. We both took pasta and for the first time my daughter ate all her food and tasted mine. She usually comes full from half portion, but this time she liked her food so much she stuffed herself. My pasta was good and it was well worth its price.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the area last week. Found this fantastic restaurant as we were walking down a side street towards Benalmadena. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We were shown to a table and given our drinks. The waiter came over with a complimentary starter. My son, and I were overwhelmed, it tasted divine (a sort of pesto and cheese wrap).

We ordered carbonara and a caeser salad. They were so tasty.

I had a glass of wine, my son had a cola. We were very surprised when we received the bill, much less than other restaurants we had been to in the area.

We returned on the last night of our holiday and had another fabulous meal.