All reviews interior room great location gran fridge ac towels tv floor noise centre wifi alhambra bus
Reviewed 26 January 2017

You can't beat the location. You're less than 5 minutes from the start of the Albaycin and only 20-25 minutes from the Alhambra. Lots of good restaurants a short walk away. The rooms are just fine--a bit spartan, but clean and the size is pretty decent.

Service is a massive hit or miss, though. The guy that helped us when we first got there looked a bit like a Spanish Daniel Radcliffe, and he was basically indifferent. No help with our bags on the way to our room (not normally a bit deal, but my wife was nearly 6 months pregnant and clearly struggling with her bags). When we asked him where parking was, he drew a good map showing me two possible garages a reasonable distance away. When I got there, both were full (it was Holy Week and the evening before Easter). I had to wander a bit before I finally found a garage a bit farther out that had open spaces. When I mentioned this to him, he said, "Oh, we have an arrangement with those garages, you just drive in and they reserve spots for us." Thanks for the advance notice, buddy. I'm a fluent Spanish speaker, and he definitely did not mention this. Overall, he was just kind of...there...

On the other hand, the owner was quite helpful, as was the other desk attendant. In fact, the other desk attendant helped me get out of a fine for accidentally driving down Gran Via towards the city center. Most helpful.

It was a good spot, and we would stay here again, certainly. Just don't expect too much from Daniel Radcliffe, and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Hostal is located on a one way street with nowhere to park. We literally threw the bags out and had to go park the car in a car park advised by the staff. It is located just off the main road so bus stops are close by. In walking distance to few tourist attractions. There are plenty of food places close by which are open till late. Had 2 rooms booked which were basic and comfortable. Rooms are equipped with AC, small wall mounted TV and fridge freezer. The triple room had a sliding door to the bathroom and the bath tub is tiny. Hostal has spa facilities which was nice for what we paid and staff are nice and helpful.

Would recommend.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Hotel was a bit shabby. Parking was quite far away. If we'd not had sat nav we would still be looking for the place. Staff were helpful. We didn't have breakfast here. Will stay somewhere else next time we are in Granada.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

This hostel has a stunning location making major attractions only within walking distance...
What else can one ask for; clean rooms, clean bathroom equipped with towels, shampoo and shower gel, walls are a bit thin though, but wasn't a problem at all.

The staff are very helpful, polite, and nice; Alejandro has always been of great assistance, and the old guy who might be the owner was super nice when we were late for check-out as we were rushed to go to Alhambra without giving notice that we might be late for check-out, he called me on my phone and I explained the situation and he was very understanding, so I asked him to take out our luggage in the storage room so we'd take them and give back the key once we are back, upon our return he welcomed us with a smile and had no problem keeping the luggage until 6pm.

Highly recommend this place!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Po87
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Good rooms, new very blue bathrooms. good location, in center of town, and a very short walk to the small lanes with cozy oriental teashops and restaurants.
wonderfull arabic hammam downstairs, connectet with the hotel, with a discount of 5 euro if you stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo