“Best tour in Europe”

Granatours
Ranked #47 of 119 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We daily offer a wide range of tours, including the Granada Free Tour, the Tapas Tour, the Pub Crawl, as well as services, such as the Flamenco Experience, the Arab Baths and the Segway & Electric Bike Tours.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not sure what my guide's name was, as I visited in Feb 2014 but he was a thin, tall, brunette with an eclectic style (I would say alternative hipster). Out of the 20 cities I've visited in Europe and the 20 tours I did, this was by far the best. He skips the touristy attractions and gives you a feel for what the alternative side of Granada is (going to hippie caves etc). Wherever we went, people knew our tour guide, so he was well-connected and could get us into places normal tourists couldn't. Highly recommended - if you do anything in Granada (besides 1 euro tapa + drink, of course), take this tour!!

1  Thank loriy996

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The morning tour of the Albaycin was one of the best free walking tours I have ever been on. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and showed us around areas of the neighborhood I never could have found on my own. I especially loved being taken behind many of the walls of the neighborhood into a number of amazing buildings and gardens. The tour was my second favorite experience in Granada (after the Alhambra).

The sunset tour to the caves I went on with the same company was worthwhile but not of the same quality as the morning tour. I would still recommend it but wished the guide spent more time talking about the community we visited.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Great tour, guide was funny and entertaining. Liked it so much I returned the following day to take the evening tour to the caves. Only issue is that my hostel (Itinere) had no info on this tour and told me there was no free walking tours in Granada! Luckily a fellow traveller passed on info about Granatours - glad I didn't miss out.

1  Thank jlfrie001
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The guide took us around the old Moorish city and told quite in-depth history which we liked. Also went up the hill to some of the old markets. It was one of the better free walking tours we have been on so would recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The guide Esteban was very friendly and polite and although I had signed up for the Tapas tour which did not run that day since there was no group, he was very helpful with the other things I could do i.e the Flamenco show with Tapas which was a great experience. The tapas were awesome! He was also very helpful in setting up my electric bike tour at short notice. Would highly recommend using this tour company.

1  Thank PR20