“Excellent experience”
Review of La Bodega de Chema

La Bodega de Chema
Reserve with
La Bodega de Chema is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,639 Restaurants in Zaragoza
Price range: US$29 - US$64
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Romareda
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This place is top class from start to finish. It was late and we had no reservation so saw this place on trip advisor and so glad we gave it a go! The staff are so attentive, accommodating and efficient. You can see they work hard and care about the level of service. Recommended wine was so nice. I had the beef cheeks they were melt in the mouth divine. The flavour of the meat was gorgeous. Considering the quality of the produce I also thought it was reasonably priced. Definitely recommend. Also our Spanish is very poor and they helped us a lot with the menu which we really appreciated.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We had a booked table and we were greeted by headwaiter Frank, he’s got a hard ingredient to find, passion. He was very good at explaining us all the wines and food dishes we went though.
For starters we started with a brilliant quail salad and crunchy lettuce mix, the best salad I’ve had in a long time. A creamy full of flavor rice followed that beauty, and it was unbelievably good too.
As a main course I choose a fine cut of pork cooked to perfection, it was lots of it and tasted like heaven. I also tried the other option, baked sea bass, and in my opinion even though it was good it wasn’t as good as the meat.
I finished up with a mojito sorbet because I had no more room in my stomach.
It was 5 of us and we went through several bottles of white and red wine, we let Frank to choose our wine, as he clearly knew what the best wine was for each of our dishes.
The restaurant is all new, and the tables were very spacious, sometimes you find good restaurants with small tables or tables to close together, this want the case.

1  Thank C Z
La_Bodega_Chema, Gerente at La Bodega de Chema, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

We greatly appreciate your comment about our restaurant. It is a real honor to have served you and we are very happy that you enjoyed both the food and the attention of our head of the room.
At the time of designing the dishes, we take into account the combination with the wines, looking for an exquisite relation of flavors and nuances. We are happy also to be right on our advice, nothing makes us happier.
We hope to welcome you again and serve you with the passion and enthusiasm you found in your visit, we will welcome you with open arms.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

I was first taken to this restaurant by a Spanish colleague while living/working in Zaragoza. During my 18 months there I took every visiting family member there at least once and I return there every time I am back in the city. I have tried other dishes and they have all been superb but the dish my colleague took me there for initially was the roasted mountain kid goat and every time I take visitors there this is what we have. The atmosphere/ambiance of the restaurant is excellent, the staff are fantastic and as well as great food they have a great wine cellar to go with it. I cannot recommend it highly enough and is definitely not to be missed if you are ever in this beautiful city.

1  Thank Robocop2k7
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Unfortunately they had no lamb whem I was there, plese book if you want to eat lamb, but the waiter gave us some very good recomendations to choise, season mushrooms, delicious ham and a great wine. We need to turn in order to taste the lamb! By the way, they have an splendit desert with chocolate... is still in my mouth.

La_Bodega_Chema, Gerente at La Bodega de Chema, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Thank you for your good opinion about our restaurant. The lamb is a very delicate product that is cooked the day and needs two to two and a half hours and baking. Usually we make a forecast and sometimes serve more than expected, it was you. We recommend booking to ensure the lamb, you can do so through the website or by phone. We are also pleased that the waiter to recommend successfully our seasonal dishes and good opinion about our wines. We hope to return soon taste the lamb and that is to your liking, you can not lose.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

The restaurant is away from the touristic center but well worth the visit. The staff is super friendly and attentive. We choose the menu of the month for lunch and the value for the money is excellent! It was accompanied with really good local wines. We will definitely go back!

2  Thank Svaine