“One of the best burgers I've tasted”

Hamburgueseria Fray Juan Casco Antiguo
Ranked #121 of 1,656 Restaurants in Zaragoza
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Great variety of burgers with really interesting toppings - great vegetarian burgers too with choice of cheese topping! Burgers don't come with fries, however, and at over €4 for a portion of poorly fried chips (many stuck together in clumps) it slightly marred an otherwise fantastic place

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Still is and (looks like) will be, the best burger in Zaragoza when you compare cost, service, quality and taste. Things are done with love and ingredients are fresh and tasty.

A great option if you are nearby!

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Located in a narrow street, shielded from wind, we had a lovely late-night dinner here with local friends who recommended it. Wide selection of interesting burgers, all just over 6 euros.

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

I had a nice and spicy Mexican themed burger here but the big surprise was that the salads were clearly labelled as to which were vegetarian.

You'll find in Spain that quite often salads have tuna in them when called "vegetal" but to find vegetarian symbols next to some of the salads meant we could eat here without fear of a surprise and not only that everything was very tasty too!

Reviewed 13 June 2015

Since it's not the first time I've been here, let's make a more general review.
I'm not really a salad and vegetarian person in this kind of restaurants so, I'm just going to jump this part since I didn't try them AT ALL...yet.

I've been trying hard to try all flavors(well, not all of them, as described above, lol) and, what can I say, this is just hamburger heaven. Their patties are correctly cooked(so far), the buns are amazing and each dish setting with it's flavor combinations makes each experience unique.
Let's not forget about their bocadillos, which, it's a whole new universe of sensations. I'm really a fan of their Satay bocadillo. If any of you guys go there, you better try it!

Next step is their sides, stated as "para compartir". Their Pollo Bravo was a surprise but I don't really like this salsa brava so I asked my side without it. The result was well spiced(as aromatic) chicken.

Everything is so nice, isn't it? So, maybe you're wondering, why is it a 4 star review if everything is THAT nice? Well, let me tell you: The french fries are not what I expected.
I'm a picky eater in case of fries and these go below the average of my expectancies to be "homemade" as they want to advertise it. They are thin and very fried like you would try to make straw potatoes but you know that it's not their intention. I could also felt a scent of burnt taste: overcooked? and/or, over used oil?. *Hmph*
It's a pity because with such nice main courses some fries in other thicker cutting style would go GREAT.

To wrap-up, just to point out the waiter service which was very professional. Such great workers and great quality/price ratio!!

4/5 Keep it up!