“Excellent meal in nice setting”
Review of Restaurante Auga

Restaurante Auga
Reserve with
Restaurante Auga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 933 Restaurants in Gijon
Price range: US$53 - US$89
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This has been our second visit to Auga and I was just as pleased as the first time. For me there were some must haves here from my last visit, namely a starter of Callos which is just superb and of course their cochinillo which, even though very good, I had in even better memory from last time. Still very high qualits. We also greatly enjoyed our sardina ahumado. My wife had a very good slice of Mero a la plancha which she rated highly and I agree (I got a forkful). The restaurant itself is located on a kind of pier in the yacht harbour of Gijon. It has very high ceilings and you overlook the waters. The price quality ratio is very good indeed (starter, main dessert, sparkling wine and wine for about 100 Euros for two). Altogether a nice place that I would not mind returning too next year.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Found the staff very rude and unhelpful, never again !!!!!!
There attitude ruined the evening , the waiter at our table was one of the worst waiters I have ever met ... for the prices they charge they should employ people with manners .

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

In a beautiful setting on the Gijon docks, we were sat despite not having a reservation. Menu is limited and the food qas missing a bit of spices. The service was excellent but food was expensive, quality was good but the overall taste was not what was expected.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Well what a surprise food of outstanding quality.
A chef with out an ego to only serve a degustation menu which seems to be a Spanish affliction.
Relying on superb ingredients to deliver memorable mouthfuls is sophistication. A refreshing attitude to sustenance that laughs in the face of degustation wankers.
A must visit at every level, despite my cynical message to others. There is a sample menu for those who need to try every thing today and leave zip for tomorrow.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Smoked sardine with a celeriac ice cream, tender and juicy rack of lamb and a raspberry sorbet (and bits) were all very fine indeed. The family also enjoyed theirs with the marinated 'bonito' with frozen gazpacho being a standout. Not cheap, but not exorbitant either. (Healthy wine list too)