See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Nice little hotel right in front of San Lorenzo Beach, within walkable distance from both the city centre and the restaurant area and Gijón s Neverending nightlife. I got there early on a Sunday morning and they did their best to accommodate me and check us in early after a long night out. Forever thankful! So friendly staff

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Dirección H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Alcomar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Mr. Dimas:

We are thankful about the fact you took some of your precious time to value our hotel. We are glad knowing you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much, best regards and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This hotel was lovely. I expected it to be traditionally Spanish and it was. Spotlessly clean , our room was lovely, on the 4th floor with a beautiful view of the bay.
The staff were lovely. Our room was cleaned every day. We had breakfast , which I loved......traditional Spanish desayuno....the churros were lovely, I also had the crushed tomatoes on toast - lovely! If we ever go to Gijon again - which I hope we do because I loved this city, I would want to stay here. Fabuloso!

Room Tip: Choose a "sea view" .....I thought it was worth the extra.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Dirección H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Alcomar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Mr. Pookie:

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We recently visited Gijon Spain and stayed at the Alcomar hotel, the location of this hotel was perfect for beach lovers as it is located across the road. There were shops and restaurants all within minutes of hotel. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable, however I feel the walls were made of paper as you could hear the people in the next room talking as clear as if they were sharing my room. You could hear everything including moving furniture. Each room has a TV although all channels are in Spanish. The hotel has a restaurant and a cafe which sells alcoholic beverages along with coffee and soft drinks overall great value for money if you have quiet neighbours.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs. Vanessa:
We are thankful about the fact you took some of your precious time to value our hotel. We take note of your comments.We are glad knowing you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much, best regards and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

The room was spot on, the en-suite facilities were excellent, the staff were lovely. Yes, there was some noise from the street but I can't see that it can be avoided for any of the hotels along the beach front and the wife and I were lulled by the sound of the crashing surf.

We'd definitely use it again and that's all that matters really.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Dirección H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Alcomar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear Mr. Steve:

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stayed here for one night and both had a pretty terrible sleep. The room was hot and without air conditioning and the street noise was unmutable. The hotel staff were very accommodating and breakfast was included (although limited). We found the hotel to be poor value for money but it was a suitable place to stay for one night.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Dirección H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Alcomar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Good Morning Mr. Craw:
We are thankful about the fact you took some of your precious time to value our hotel.We take note of your comments. Thank you for your comment about our personnel. Best regards and we hope to see you soon.