NH Oviedo Principado
  • Room Service
Santa Clara(Oviedo)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationbeautiful cathedralfront desk staffnice hotelcentral locationstayed here for nightsnice roomwoody allencentre of townjunior suiteper dayold cityminute walkstamptoppingsrialtofestival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here just for one night, and I loved it. Located right I the center of Oviedo, just within walking distance from everywhere you want to go.

Checked in by a friendly and smilie receptionist in a very efficient and fast way. The room was clean, modern, spacious and very comfy. The shower a dream and the mattress was amazing.

We also had breakfast and this was of a great variety and high quality. After all of this, I was quite shocked to learn that this was only a 3 star hotel, it certainly made me feel like a higher category.

I will stay here again. Recommendable!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriel S
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

This is a 3* Hotel situated in the very heart of the city. The location really could not be any better for sightseeing. If you travel by car, you can either use a public garage the hotel has a deal with or park around the park.

The hotel itself is really good. The staff is very nice and always friendly and willing to help.

The room was great. Very spacious and very clean with a big, comfortable bed. If it is important for you to have a view, let the staff know because ours wasn't very impressive facing that back. But this doesn't affect comfort at all. If anything it makes the room more quiet.

Especially the bathroom impressed me. It was quite big, spotless and the lighting was just amazing. The shower has an extra head for a rain effect.

Breakfast is a very extensive continental style buffet with the option of a freshly prepared hot choice. There was absolutely nothing I was missing there. I wasn't even able to try everything I wanted. All the food seemed to have a high quality as well. The waitress was very friendly and welcoming.

If this hotel would implement some minor extra services, it would be a great 4* Hotel. Perfect experience. Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2015

This ended up perfect for us. We arrived Oviedo just at the start of the festival of San Marcos. Neither ourselves or our travel agent knew of this fortuitous timing.
The hotel was perfect for our enjoyment of the festival as it was located just at one of the entering areas.
As to the property, we found the room very nice and more roomy than some, with comfortable beds and a great shower,
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and never felt rushed, crowded, or that anything was not replenished in a timely way.
Having a good front desk staff is always a plus, which this hotel had.
I would recommend it for the leisure traveler, for sure

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I stayed at the NH Principado Hotel in Oviedo for three nights in mid September. The staff, room and breakfast was excellent. Mostly the staff was friendly and answered any questions that I posed. I would stay there again and reccomend it 100%.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 23 September 2015

Good location, clean room, reasonable prices.

As a business visitor with lots of work to do, my biggest frustration was the internet. Absolutely no commercial quality internet. Lots of posters all over the place saying 'wifi in every room'. Yes the wifi works perfectly, but it just doesn't have anything on the other end of it. I thought I'd do a speed test but my screensaver kicked in before the speedtest page had even loaded.

When approached, reception just advised me there was no problem. I felt like I was intruding (and didnt want an argument) so dropped the issue. Only one member of staff in the building at any particular time (or so it seemed) so again it changes your approach towards interacting with a hotel.

As a result I was unable to get much done.

I don't think I upset anybody but the unrequested 05:00 alarm call didn't go down well either.

If these things don't bother you then a great town centre venue. Oviedo is a beautiful place to visit.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business