2,476 results
All reviews old town central location guggenheim museum taxi stand plaza moyua comfortable bed secure parking walking distance excellent shower minute walk the bus buffet breakfast wi fi clean rooms the air conditioning short stay one night stay
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The location is perfect, to food, to grocery, walking around downtown, it has it made.
The Towels in the room were very overly used, and. I found it funny that there was brand new bedding yet very old towels. The Tv is also very tiny wich was very weird to see. This was the only ibis location that has this issue, although minor, it still shouldn't be overlooked. The room also smelt like stale cigarettes even though there are signs everywhere saying its a smoke free environment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I stayed on a business trip for 5 days at this hotel. The hotel is centrally located, a short walk from Indautxo metro and one of the Airport bus stops.

All of my interactions with all staff - from the front-desk, to breakfast and housekeeping - were great: they were always super-friendly and helpful (which is usually a sign of good management and training - bravo!).

Breakfast was fine, with a decent selection of both hot & cold items of a pretty good quality. However the restaurant area was small for the number of rooms, so there was often no space at popular times. So plan ahead if you are on a tight schedule!

My room was small but spotlessly clean and had everything I needed. It was surprisingly quiet, given the central city location. I found the bed a little hard for my liking, but that is always preferable to being soft or unsupportive. Considering how centrally-located it is, the rooms were very quiet. However my room was quite dark, and very hot, even with the windows open as far as they could open - I think because of its location on a low floor in a 90 degree building corner, so didn't really get much daylight nor breeze (plus housekeeping kept closing the window I;d deliberately left open during the day!). The lighting in the room wasn't sufficient even though it is summer, so I'd recommend the hotel management consider boosting the artificial lighting in those corner rooms.

All-in-all this was a reasonable stay, and pretty good VFM. Id definitely consider staying there again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a typical City Centre Ibis. It has car parking underneath which is good. We found the staff very helpful throughout our stay. Rooms were clean and of a reasonable size. Shower was good with standard all purpose toiletries. Breakfast was kept fresh and was plentiful.
Hotel is not far from the eating and drinking centre. Easy walking to Guggenheim etc.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The positive side about this hotel i definitely the fact the room are very quiet indeed - almost like a dead zone - with very very very comfortable beds - nice and hard slightly higher off the ground than most.

The breakfast is really not worth the extra money they charge you for it: You sit in a vary crowded room - think main railway station!, there is a very limited selection and stale coffee.

The reception staff are very rude and unforthcoming and have no desire to maintain order in the reception area - its like a mad house.

Location is great for this very nice and charming city. Parking is a little bit hard to locate - but its there: In the street that goes off to the left when you stand facing the hotel main door.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Two days into our stay at this hotel, my husband was taken ill. The staff were incredibly helpful and supportive, helping me to deal with the paramedics, and arranging for two extra days accommodation for us. After medical attention my husband made a full recovery, and we were able to enjoy our time in Bilbao to the full. Thank you to all the Ibis staff!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shropshirechris2018