“Let down by rude staff”
Review of Restaurante Ni Neu

Restaurante Ni Neu
Price range: US$21 - US$45
Good for: View, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017

The food was very good but the experience was ruined by really rude staff. From the moment we walked in and were completely ignored until we paid the bill and left every single staff member was very unpleasant. It is a pity because the meal was actually very nice and very good value.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Being near the seaside in a high tourist area we thought it would be over the top expensive here - it wasn't! The set menu is recommended - beautiful food & an excellent price although that was in early October '16 so the prices may have changed with many good reviews? Hopefully not. I usually review a restaurant like this shortly after we go there but I must have forgotten - better late than never. It has fine dining cuisine in an elegantly casual setting. Also excellent service from friendly, attentive staff who speak English very well...appreciated that as our Spanish is limited to v little more than basic greetings. Book in advance as it's very popular. Many thanks to all the staff...a delightful ending to our 5 night stay in beautiful Sans Sebastian - one of our favourite places in Europe!

1  Thank NotMolly
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Considering we had eaten some fabulous food in San Sebastián this was a bit of a let down. Fair enough it was a set menu for San Sebastián day but started with 3 fish courses in succession, 2 of which were cod.
The shredded beef was tasty but nothing special. 2 reasonable desserts followed
Wine was either a bottle of red or white with no option to have half and half.
Staff were lovely. Would give it another go on full menu.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

My friends and I have heard of this restaurant so we dropped by for a taste when we visited San Sebastian. It was lunchtime and the place was packed. The place easily became a noisy cafeteria instead of a serene fine dining restaurant caused by the din of the hubbub waiters and diners made. First thing I noticed was that the main course menu section seemed a little limited than what I'd expect. After we ordered a variety of dishes so each of us can sample the menu selections, I got the Roasted Octopus as I didn't exactly like lamb, which the waiter first recommended. After trying the dishes as they arrived, I wasn't that impressed on my order and when I sampled my friends' plate, it wasn't all that great either. The food wasn't bad if that's what you're thinking but I just wasn't too crazy about it. Probably to others who haven't yet tried this new kind of gastronomic experience it may appear to be that great to them as many say the food here is fantastic. However in my many travels I get to be somewhat discerning and maybe its just me so don't use my review as an overall judgment basis. Try it out yourself to see if it meets your criteria. The Hake and Cod here by the way is ok but many seem to rave about the lamb which I didn't try.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

This was definitely the best restaurant meal of our stay at San Sebastian.
The vegetarian offer was sluightly better than other establishments. My crab gyoza was fresh and tasty and my husband's vegetables well cooked.The lamb with cheese was delicious, his potatoes and cottage cheese was interesting. I just wish meals in Spain came with more vegetables. When I asked for some with the lamb all I was offered was lettuce. It was very quiet after the bank holiday weekend but the two young waiters were attentive and fun.