1,852 results
All reviews porto pi funicular lift sea view steep hill street level the bus indoor pool joan miro terrace bar reception staff palma centre fantastic views short break pool towels old town just returned from a night stay the hotel is clean
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have had a very enjoyable break at hotel.
Staff in bar very efficient and freindly.
Food was excellent and the service from the bar staff and also the lifeguard at the pool also excellent.
Room was very good and would stay at hotel again.
Our only concern was when we asked a member of staff the best way to get to a local resort, she was unable to assist us and looked on internet to find how far away it was, was made to feel as though we were being an inconvenience.Surely reception staff should be fully informed of the local area and the local amenities/bus services available.When we asked for a bus timetable our request was ignored and finally we told her not to worry.
Overall we had a lovely time but would say be fully informed before you go as you may not get the assistance you may need from reception.

• Stayed: July 2014
Xisco68, Director General at Catalonia Majorica Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments about our hotel in tripadvisor. It is a pleasure for us to know that you had such a pleasant stay as you mention in your comment.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. We will follow your recomendation to the reception staff in order to be fully informed about the local activities, amenities and timetables.

We will be waiting for your next visit !!.
Best regards from Palma de Mallorca,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Initially I booked a room through Airbnb and should be staying in Campanet during my last 4 days in Majorca but due to several reasons I moved out in the last day and decided to stay at the catalonia majorica hotel for one night. Overall the hotel was brilliant as my room had an excellent view facing the port, sea and the swimming pool. I can even saw the sunrise early in the morning!! The facilities in the hotel were very good too as my girlfriend fall in love to the indoor pool as well as its jacuzzi; We then paid £26 (£13 pp) for the breakfast buffet and the food was well worth the price, except the eggs as the chef made the same type of egg for me even though I ordered scramble and omelette egg!! (I suggested they don't really know English). Regarding the public transportation, it is really convenient as you can catch the no.3 bus, just outside the hotel which runs every 10 minutes, will take you to the town; otherwise walk a bit further up to the Centro Comercial Porto Pi and catch the no.1 bus to airport. Overall it was a pleasant stay and my girlfriend and I would love to go back in the near future and stay for a little longer!!

Room Tip: It is recommended for couples to request for a sea view room and it is really romantic by having a drink at the balcony and facing the sea. Probably you will have a good night afterwards. =P

Dear Loius,

We are really pleased that you enjoyed our magnificent views from the room, our indoor pool and our excellent breakfast. Following your recomendation, we will give english lessons to the cheff at the show cooking!!.

We will be waiting for your next visit and this time for the whole stay at Palma!!.
Best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is a little way out of the town but you can catch the No.3 bus for 1.50 euros which takes you to the town. Just get in the hotel lift which takes you down to Avenue Joan Miro and the bus stop to town is across the road. If you have a car there will always be some spaces within a short walk of the hotel . Out of our five days the further we had to park from the hotel was about 100 m. Be aware though its a one way road system so if you go past a space in the hope of one nearer the hotel you will have to do the full circuit.

I have no negatives about this hotel, the room was good size with flat screen TV and was cleaned each day. Wonderful view of the Marina from the balcony ( you may need to pay extra for a sea view- unless you are given an occupied room(see below). Swimming pool fair size with surrounding area overlooking the harbor. There is also a pleasant seating area with similar views although didn't use this facility after first night as bar prices whilst not vastly over priced were a little expensive (12.6 euros for a pint and vodka/coke) . There are a number of bars and restaurants nearby , within and just across the road from Port Pi Shopping complex( 5 mins walk-bit longer going back (up a steep hill).
All staff, especially the young blonde lady on reception who dealt with our check out were friendly except for the two persons on reception when we checked in.

However there was one exception to this. We checked in late and everything was a total inconvenient to the reception staff on that night. The man who took our passports went missing for about 10 mins and there was not a sniff of an apology for our wait when he returned .

Then we were given a key to a room that was already occupied. It was a room occupied by a young Spanish couple and taking into account it around 1 o'clock on a Saturday morning lets just say all parties were embarrassed!

I offered my apologies and went back to reception. Now this bit is incredulous. There was not one word of apology to me or my wife it was almost as if it was somehow our fault? To be honest it was a disgrace. I managed to secure a sea view in the subsequent room ( but that only because I asked -it was not offered as way of compensation) and again the expression was one of ' this is all one big inconvenience ').

To my knowledge no apology was offered to the young couple either.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea View
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Xisco68, Director General at Catalonia Majorica Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel.

Regarding your comments about the night receptionist, first of all, please accept my sincere apologies and let me assure you that I will work hard together with the Head Receptinist in order to improve and avoid mistakes like the one that you have explained.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate you the renowned quality of our property if ever your travel bring you back to Palma de Mallorca.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked the hotel via avios and main reason was due to the views and pool, on booking we were assured all rooms had sea facing views. Two weeks prior to stay I was reading up and one comment on trip advisor was to ensure you pay extra for a sea view. Emailed hotel who said I would need to upgrade at 15 euros a night, I then contacted avios who said their system didn't say all rooms had sea views and it must gave been booking agent error and to leave with them.
On arrival at hotel the check in lady (Anna) said the hotel had no record of any contact with me or agent and if I wanted sea view I would have to pay. Not one for hassle I did in the hope the hotel manager would look into later as I requested.
Room had fabulous view but was small, flooring was terrible ( laminate had gaps between joins), aircon noisy and useless and mini bar cupboard had chunks knocked out corner due to room being small.
Hotel is on edge of comfortable walking distance to old town but staff on the whole are very good, breakfast is good, hotel is clean with a nice pool.
Just a pity between booking company and hotel they fleeced me and ended up expensive stay!!

Dear James,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel in Tripadvisor.

First of all, let me apologize if you have not been fully satisfied with our hotel as we are all very committed to deliver a very high level of service quality.

On regards to your comments about the sea view, I do not really understand the problem. As you say in your comment, you read up one comment on tripadvisor saying that you have to pay extra for a sea view, then you contacted an avios agent who said that their system didn't say all rooms had sea views and finally the receptionist Anna informed you that you have to pay a supplement for a sea view, and if you go to our website or another website like booking.com, for instance, you will check that there is a supplement for a sea view so, where is the gap?. As far as I am concerned, everything was absolutely clear. I am convinced that it is not fair to say that you were fleeced.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel was fantastic! Stayed a week half-board. Staff very helpful and friendly. Food was top-notch with everything you could think of. Room was large and cleaned daily. Recommend to anyone. Diane Gibson Glasgow

Room Tip: Sea view recommended.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianna G
Xisco68, Director General at Catalonia Majorica Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Diane,

It is a pleasure to read your post about our hotel in tripadvisor. This feedback estimulates us to continue with the pursuit of improvement in the service for our clients. It is a pleasure for us to know that you had such a pleasant stay as you mention in your comment.

Thank you very much for your kind recomendation !!.
Best regards from Palma de Mallorca,