“Great coffee and pasta in local cafe!”
Review of Cafe Capritxo

Cafe Capritxo
Ranked #537 of 2,360 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 May 2015

I was craving a great coffee (with milk, no froth) after many terrible coffee experiences in France and Spain, and after reading the other Tripadvisor reviews I decided to try the coffee here. It did the trick! It was well prepared, and not too bitter. I have to admit it wasn't quite as good as the coffee back home in Australia, but I now know that I (and other fellow Aussies) been really spoilt when it comes to great coffee.

My sister and I also decided to have lunch here on our second day in Mallorca (we craved Italian, so tried some of their pasta dishes) and it did not let us down. It was great value too at 10 euro or under per meal. And all served with a smile :)

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

We really liked this little place. The service was very friendly and the food was tasty. The menu was quite small but that wasn't a problem as everything had a lovely homemade quality.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

An unassuming place on the corner in a neighbourhood not frequented by tourists.
Filling up swiftly with well to do locals at lunch time.
Beautifully cooked dishes, lovely pasta.
Service is friendly and attentive but not in your face.

2  Thank Wolfgang H
Reviewed 7 November 2014 via mobile

The place looks like a standard cafe or bistro but the food is nothing commercial or frozen. Everything is fresh and don't miss the menu del dia. That day it was:
Menorcan soup with beef stew. The soup was full of vegetables with a nice broth and bread.
The standard menu also had appealing choices.
11 euros for the lunch with a beer included.

1  Thank GlobalguyOttawa
Reviewed 19 September 2014

This little cafe is a gem. Manuel the owner is from Andalusia (with his family) and will welcome you with a lovely smile and will regularly check on you without being too overbearing and make sure you have everything you need.
The coffees are indeed excellent, here cappuccino is white coffee. The Freshly squeezed orange juice (sumo de naranja natural) is lovely. I had a beautiful rare Angus steak and the crêpe suzette is to die for! On another day I had the Zurich breakfast with ham and cheese croissant, orange juice and treated myself to an orange sorbet, all very nice.
I will be back