“Best choice for emergency 1 night stay”
Review of Hostal Terminus

Hostal Terminus
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Needed emergency accommodation due to messed up dates on my laptop
Terminus had rooms available and as I was knackered I really needed just to pay the room, enter the my room and sleep
Receptionist was quick, check in good, my room nice and clean and good bed and shower
Good price, good central location

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2016

you could not be better placed if you want to travel. the hotel is next to the rail and bus station. from there you will find buses that take you to virtually everywhere on the island. All the town buses are to be found just outside the hotel. if you want the Soller railway it is just across the road from the hotel

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Maybe rather a basic hostal - our room was rather small, and the noise outside from the road was loud - but I guess I liked the style of the place - it seems it has been a hostal for years, and it was clean, had friendly staff, and really good (POWERFUL) showers - even if they were shared.

I guess I would suggest asking for a room not overlooking the road - since the noise didn't ever really let up.

Room Tip: I guess I would suggest asking for a room not overlooking the road - since the noise didn't ever...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Basic and central to everything. The airport bus stops right outside. The bus and railway station is next to the hotel. Across the road is the Placa Espanya, which leads you in to Palma old town. You are surrounded by cafes and bars. And if you want to travel to Soller on the old fashioned railway the station is just across the road from the hotel. There is a downside it can be very noisy.

Room Tip: they offer both smoking and non-smoking Take your pick
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank peterhg
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We are used to staying in budget accommodation, but the en suite room we were allocated at Hostal Terminus is the worst room we have ever stayed in. For the price, we did not expect luxury but our room was very shabby and the whole hostal needs refurbishing. We did look in a couple of other rooms that were unoccupied and had their doors open, and they were both much better than ours. We had damp patches on the walls, crumbling plaster and there had obviously been a serious leak from the en suite into our room resulting in a large botched-up repair with rough plaster which had not been smoothed down or painted over.

The room and the hostal were, however, spotlessly clean and the beds were comfortable. Shampoo and shower gel were provided. There is somebody on reception 24 hours a day and the staff were friendly.

The coffee we had from the bar was the best coffee we had in our 13 night stay in Mallorca.

I think most people probably use the hostal for a one night stay if they have a late incoming or early outgoing flight. We, on the other hand, booked for three nights and used it as a base for sightseeing as it is right next to the train and bus station and we intended to do a lot of travelling around. In this regard, it was an excellent position, but we did not look forward to returning to our room at the end of the day.

They take payment from you on arrival. If I stayed again, and I would only do so for one night for the sake of convenience, I would ask to see the room first.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple